Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
i5 750
msi p55 gd65
g.skill trident 1600 2x2gb
gigabyte gtx460 1gb
corsair 650 modular

Had the rig for a year now.

Had BSOD of memory management + bad pool header each at random times, but this only occurred on the first system start up. after a system shutdown for 5 seconds, then turn on the comp for the second time, comp will run sweet.

This has been recurring over the year

2 days ago my windows 7 will get stuck on black windows 7 loading screen, windows repair will get stuck at the first blue screen page, and safe mode will get stuck when its loading the default driver list.

Did a fresh format reinstall and it worked for 1 night.

now the comp will turn off and shutdown itself after 3 seconds. then turn itself on again to only shut itself off after 3 seconds.

sometimes it wont even turn itself back on, sometimes on for 3 seconds then off until i power it up manually.

Troubleshooting that I have tried-
memtest both ram sticks, and both individually to get no errors (this was few weeks ago when it was still BSOD on first startup)
gave the case a total clean to get rid of dust that may cause overheating
tried booting with single slot of ram
No beeps at all, never heard the mobo beep when it was working either, maybe no buzzer
tried using a new hardrive
Taken mobo out of case onto my mobo box, with the 2 main connectors plugged in, same 1-3 second on and turn off
i have tried my old PSU which is like 5 years old running my old rig fine and same issues with the new system

can any1 else had the same problem?

i dont use any additional devices on the computer besides the dual screen monitors , keyboard + mouse

farrengottu

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
my money would be on a bad component on the motherboard. resistors are most of the time easy to spot when they go bad, they leave a burn mark on them.
capacitors either leak out the bottom or bulge out the top. just type in "bad capacitor" into google image search for pics of this. a good capacitor is flat on top.
there is a good chance something died and you wont be able to see it.
you could find a place that lets your return motherboards for money back rather than store credit and buy your mobo there. if it fixes your system keep it if not return it.

jeremychiam

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
the problem is its a year and 1 month old, i think its passed it warranty, also i cant find the receipt for it! i can find receipts for everything else just not the mobo. sad days

I dont mind changing the mobo, im worried that if i change the mobo and it has the same problem.

jeremychiam

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
k took the battery out reset cmos and my system started working again but only the motherboard post msgs,

when it gets boot windows it gets stuck at the black screen with the windows logo in the middle.

tried windows repair, stuck at black loading screen

safe mode = stuck at load driver list

at least it has stopped restarting itself every 3 seconds, so did a reformat and installed with a different windows 7 cd

everything worked for a day... went out and came back turn on the computer and same issues

jeremychiam

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
new update, it loads into windows 7 now, but everything lags like ***,

open firefox not responding for like a few minutes,
click refresh on desktop, all the click commands come in like 1 burst after a minute or so,
try to shutdown = logging off for 10 mins until i get fed up and force shutdown

I have long generic, short generic and S.M.A.R.T seagate tools both my 1tb hardrives with no errors what so ever