Fullscreen flash and java problems

dobydude

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
I am not sure this is the right place but, I have a new Sony vaio vpcca15fx and when using the Radeon GPU flash and java applets in full screen have a black bar on the right side of the screen and it still acts as if all the buttons and in the same place even though the graphics do not show them there.
Please help me!

dobydude

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
YouTube in full screen and runescape in full screen when I am using the radeon chiset (as opposed to the intel one) I have a thin black bar on the right as if it were a 16x10 display but, the icons like resolution on youtube are where they would be if it were actually in full screen. it happens in both internet explorer and firefox

I think you should open the catalyst control center and check the video settings .

Im not sure exactly what is happening, from your description, because a wide screen view would have black bars top and bottom [????] but if you try options in CCC your problem may well be fixed

dobydude

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
Firefox has stopped messing with the flash videos, i.e YouTube, by letting firefox run on the higher end Radeon card but limiting the plugin-container to the intel system. Though Java applets still glitch in fullscreen.

alosauruss

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011

Did you figure out a fix for this? I have a vaio vpcca290X with radeon and intel hd graphics card. I have the same issue when viewing full screen on youtube or netflix with firefox and chrome. Its fine on internet explorer though

dobydude

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
No, I never found an answer. I'm going to try getting Fry's to help. Though i did find out from a Sony tech support agent that they only update the drivers and downloads on their website if they have issues with the previous ones and that they have never heard an issue like this one before with this model laptop. Though as for your issues it only happens if you are using the radeon card if you lower the silverlight, java, and flash on your switchable graphics to the Intel card or if you run the applications at 1280x768. If you find anything out, let me know okay?

alosauruss

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011
Yeah everything works fine when I switch over to my Intel HD graphics card at full resolution 1366x768. I just don't understand why it doesn't with the radeon gpu (With internet explorer the exception). Well not that I need the best card when viewing flash videos. Ill look around more for this fix though. Good luck to you sir.