Confused!! Connecting Computer to TV

Okay i'm totally confused. Below is what i have:
1 Phillips 42PFL5704D (updated to latest driver on phillips)
ATI Raedion HD 4300/4500 video card (has HDMI, DVI, and vga connections)

I have it connected to two desktop monitors with extended display (so i see both monitors on right now; one is connected through HDMI and the other via VGA).

When i connect the desktop to my TV (Philips TV) and turn on the computer i see the BIOS screen and windows start up screen. However, then it says signal lost.

I used a separate laptop with an HDMI connection and check it on the TV...it worked...

I've updated the drivers on my GPU just in case, but I can't figure out what's wrong.

It's especially strange because the HDMI is working right now on my computer display...

Any ideas?

Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about confused connecting computer
  1. If you're trying to connect both desktop monitors AND the TV at the same time it won't work, only cards from the 5xxx series and above support 3 simultaneous outputs.
  2. thanks for the info I didn't know that but I'm not tryintg to do that...just using monitors to see where the prob was....I only plan on using the tv...while testing the tv I had one 20 inch monitor and the tv plugplugged in...not more than 2 at any time
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards TV Computer HDMI Graphics