Pc on for two seconds and off again

jerrybetie

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
Hi there,

I need help from the experts out there. Recently, I purchased new motherboard, cpu and ram and assemble a pc myself.
My rigs are as follows.

Mobo: GA-PA65-UD3
CPU: I5-2500
Ram: Corsair gaming memory 2x2Gb (1333 Mhz)
P/S: Gigabyte superb 720w

My problem is everytime I push the power button, my pc will turn on for about 2-3 seconds. I can see the fan, led on keyboard and casing will on. But after 2-3 seconds it will off again. I have to try 2 - multiple times to make my pc on. But once on, it will be ok. I even can restart again without any problem. So what the problem?

I have taken cmos battery for more than a minute andput it back again. Still the problem occured. I have disconnect cable of power supply to mobo, hardisk, graphic card and cd-rom and then connect it again, but still again the problem insist. I afraid that my hardisk can't stand it if always on and off. Firstly, I suspect psu is the culprit. But my cpu rated 720w and 610w available power. And some more, once my pc is on, it seems ok. I can play game for a long time.

Secondly I suspect the cpu. But I check the cpu temperature using HW programe, normally it temperature is between 30 c - 50 c. Should be no problem I think. And the heatsink is located and fit as how it supposed to be.

I just update my bios to F6 and I think that is the latest one.

I cant think anymore on what caused my pc that need to push power button multiple times to switch on.
I realy need helps from you guys.

Thanks very much for your times to read my problems.

Jerry

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Sounds to me like a broken connection that is connecting when a bit of heat from electricity runs through it. As you say, when it's on it's fine.

I don't think you've built your system wrong, but it could either be the motherboard or power supply.

jerrybetie

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
Nope, I still have the problem. Just now I push the power button, it will on for 2 seconds and off again. I push for second times, it still the same except it restart on it own and everything is okay then. I'm too suspect that either my mobo or psu is the main culprit.

I will send it to the local pc technician to find what is the problem and will update the result here.