Computer keyboard

I know there is a way to use a keyboard that is stored in the computer rather than a keyboard that is attached to the computer by USB. The problem is that none of my USB ports are working and I need to open the device drivers and I do not know how to do that with a keyboard and a mouse that do not work. Help please!
4 answers Last reply
More about computer keyboard
  1. start
    programs
    accessories
    ease of access
    on screen keyboard
  2. If your keyboard and mouse do not work how will you operate this stored keyboard ? My anti virus program , Kaspersky, has a virtual keyboard but you need a mouse to operate it.
  3. inzone said:
    If your keyboard and mouse do not work how will you operate this stored keyboard ? My anti virus program , Kaspersky, has a virtual keyboard but you need a mouse to operate it.

Yes, this is exactly my point. You need the mouse or the keyboard to use the stored keyboard. I can't do anything with it the way it is. I guess I am out of luck. I can't find a way to get to the keyboard without a working mouse or keyboard. And even if I could get to it, I can't use it. Ugh, so frustrating.
  4. make sure your keyboard and mouse are plugged in to the usb ports on the motherboard and not the front of pc or a pci add in card

go into the bios and make sure enable usb keyboard and mouse is enabled--surprisingly the keyboard will work to get in the bios--its only when it gets to loading windows it needs the drivers--this has annoyed me for years wy it doesnt need a driver but does for windows

try starting in safe mode with networking by pressing f8 again the keyboard should work to do this--then check for any missing drivers
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers USB Keyboards Components