What are password games?

Last response: in Video Games
November 24, 2004 2:21:05 PM

was reading an amazon.com review of the Bionicle game and reviewers say
its a password game. I was going to buy this for my son (7). I know
absolutely nothing about GBA's. So what is this password thing?

help! - Craig

More about : password games

Anonymous
November 24, 2004 10:00:32 PM

who me? wrote:
> was reading an amazon.com review of the Bionicle game and reviewers say
> its a password game. I was going to buy this for my son (7). I know
> absolutely nothing about GBA's. So what is this password thing?
>
> help! - Craig

Wow, I didn't know games used passwords anymore. Anyway, like Ace said,
it means instead of the game automatically saving your progress, you
have to write down a password, which you then enter again when you play
the game, to resume your progress.
Anonymous
November 25, 2004 11:52:27 AM

John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message news:<N8udnQQboZY8vTjcRVn-qg@rcn.net>...
> who me? wrote:
> > was reading an amazon.com review of the Bionicle game and reviewers say
> > its a password game. I was going to buy this for my son (7). I know
> > absolutely nothing about GBA's. So what is this password thing?
> >
> > help! - Craig
>
> Wow, I didn't know games used passwords anymore. Anyway, like Ace said,
> it means instead of the game automatically saving your progress, you
> have to write down a password, which you then enter again when you play
> the game, to resume your progress.

Yeah only developers too cheap to put in a battery use passwords now.
SpiderMan for the GBA is a password game, even though it was made by
the same company that did Tony Hawk GBA. Go figure.