did it

Last response: in Digital Camera
March 7, 2005 10:38:41 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

231 KB:
http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/PICT0181s.JPG re-sized, USM

warning--following are nearly 2 MB each.
http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/PICT0181.JPG fullsize, /USM
http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/PICT0181usm.JPG fullsize, USM

Maxxum 7D
1/160, f/8
100 f/2.8 macro
3 sync'd strobes

Cheers,
Alan

More about : question

Anonymous
March 7, 2005 10:38:42 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Welcome to the digital world Alan.

I would be very interested to hear how much film you end up shooting
now that you have your new toy.

The photos look great BTW.

Scott
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 10:43:07 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Did wha?

Why I bought the Maxxum 7D, of course.

Alan Browne wrote:

> 231 KB:
> http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/PICT0181s.JPG re-sized, USM
>
> warning--following are nearly 2 MB each.
> http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/PICT0181.JPG fullsize, /USM
> http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/PICT0181usm.JPG fullsize, USM
>
> Maxxum 7D
> 1/160, f/8
> 100 f/2.8 macro
> 3 sync'd strobes
>

> Cheers,
> Alan

March 7, 2005 10:59:06 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

news:D 0isec$nc8$1@inews.gazeta.pl...

> Did wha?
>
> Why I bought the Maxxum 7D, of course.
>

> Alan Browne wrote:
>

>> 231 KB:
>> http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/PICT0181s.JPG re-sized, USM
>>
>> warning--following are nearly 2 MB each.
>> http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/PICT0181.JPG fullsize, /USM
>> http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/PICT0181usm.JPG fullsize, USM
>>
>> Maxxum 7D
>> 1/160, f/8
>> 100 f/2.8 macro
>> 3 sync'd strobes
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Alan

Congratulations on the purchase. Now, please tell me what to look for in
the USM vs Non-usm images. Frankly, the non-USM looks better to me. Am I
missing something?

Walt
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 11:08:15 PM

Walt Hanks wrote:

> Congratulations on the purchase.

Thanks!

> Now, please tell me what to look for in
> the USM vs Non-usm images. Frankly, the non-USM looks better to me. Am I
> missing something?

Assuming that you're looking at them at full res, the usm'd ones have
slightly sharper edges. (Look at the print on the meter body).

Cheers,
Alan

March 8, 2005 12:07:28 AM

Scott W wrote:

> Welcome to the digital world Alan.
>
> I would be very interested to hear how much film you end up shooting
> now that you have your new toy.
>
> The photos look great BTW.

"Welcome"? (I have shot bits of digital here and there, just never
bought my own camera). But thanks!

Toy? This is a hammer.

Film? a dozen rolls of 120 in the freezer and about 30 of 35mm in the
fridge. 2 35mm film bodies (1 of which cost more than the 7D...), so
yes, there will be more film shot (As I picked up the camera, I picked
up 5 rolls of Sensia 100).

(I let go of a deal (500CM, 150mm f/4 and back); decided to get this
instead... for now).

I left some 120 to be scanned, and my weekend Sensia and some cheap
negative film to be dev'd... my film days are not over... besides I love
a projected slide...

Cheers,
Alan.

March 8, 2005 4:26:58 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Hey hey, welcome to digital, Alan!

Now that you've tasted the power of the dark side, join me. Together we
can rule the empire!
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 4:26:59 AM

Brian C. Baird wrote:

>>I had the color temp set at 2800K... at 5500+strobe: perfect).
>

> The color and exposure are spot on. You've got perfect illumination
> too. Now I'm lusting for some studio strobes.

That was with a couple multiblitz 200 W-s. Too bright, had to shoot at
f/8 even out of softboxes (one at f/8 the other at f/4). I'm in the
middle of making extra difusers to cut the light more.

I did a few with the 5600HS (Minolta flash) and the colors are the same.
Both in pre-flash and in ADI. (Minolta ADI uses the FL from the lens
(those lenses that support it) to calculate correct exposure).

I've done a few impromptu still-lifes with more color and a grey card,
it looks very good color wise.

> One of the things I noticed early on about digital is how well it
> handles dark objects. There's an amazing amount of shadow detail to be
> had from a dSLR.

I'm still in the middle right now (yes I do see more shaddow detail in
some shots.)

Cheers,
Alan.

March 8, 2005 4:26:59 AM

Brian C. Baird wrote:

> In article <d0j0t1$eh$1@inews.gazeta.pl>,
> alan.browne@freelunchVideotron.ca says...
>
>> You rule the empire. I rule the universe.
>

> Wait, that wasn't part of the deal!
>

>> Now, about your taxes... 'tis the season...
>

> Can I file an extension?
>

>>The setup where I shot the meter was for portraits I did on Sat (film)
>>... so just snapped on the strobes, hooked up the sync and kaboomy on
>>digital ... no color/level adjustments at all, just USM. Only differnce
>>was the somewhat low sync speed of the 7D (160) compared to the Max 9
>>(1/250 with sync cable or 1/300 with slave. Also, I "blue" a couple as
>>I had the color temp set at 2800K... at 5500+strobe: perfect).
>

> The color and exposure are spot on. You've got perfect illumination
> too. Now I'm lusting for some studio strobes.

Here, incandecent only, f/8, 1/4 s, mirror lockup (the "real" mirror
lockup), ISO 1600. 2800K.

450KB http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/ColBill_SM.1600....
3.5MB http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/ColBill_FD.1600....
(noise makes the file larger than the cleaner ISO 100 v.)

As I go along I'm really beginning to enjoy this...

Cheers,
Alan.

March 8, 2005 6:01:36 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Alan Browne <alan.browne@FreeLunchVideotron.ca> wrote in

> 231 KB:
> http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/PICT0181s.JPG re-sized,
> USM
>
> warning--following are nearly 2 MB each.
> http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/PICT0181.JPG fullsize,
> /USM http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/PICT0181usm.JPG
> fullsize, USM
>
> Maxxum 7D
> 1/160, f/8
> 100 f/2.8 macro
> 3 sync'd strobes

Congratulations, Alan. I hope you got the price you wanted, and I look
forward to seeing some AS/non-AS side-by-side comparisons in the near
future.

--

Bill
Anonymous

Woodchuck Bill wrote:

> Congratulations, Alan. I hope you got the price you wanted, and I look
> forward to seeing some AS/non-AS side-by-side comparisons in the near
> future.

Thanks. I did a few quick A/S//non-AS. Yes it works. No it ain't
perfect. It's not so easy doing compares as sometimes a non-AS handheld
shot looks pretty good in any case (I was shooting 1/2, 1/4 sec with a
100). I'll do something more controlled in the days to come. One of
the photo mags say they shoot hundreds of shots in order to evaluate
IS/VR/AS for each lens.... I'm not going that distance...

Price? Well a freebie from Minolta would have been the best price, I
negotiated a package: camera, 1 GB card and an adapter to run the camera
w/o using the batteries (for uploads and/or studio). Total somewhat
under CAD$2K (Camera was listed in the store at $1,900).

Cheers,
Alan

March 8, 2005 6:09:12 AM

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 19:43:07 -0500, Alan Browne
<alan.browne@freelunchVideotron.ca> wrote:

>Did wha?
>
>Why I bought the Maxxum 7D, of course.

Hopefully these aren't the sharpest pictures it'll produce! They're
not exactly tack-sharp.
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 6:09:13 AM

secheese wrote:

> Hopefully these aren't the sharpest pictures it'll produce! They're
> not exactly tack-sharp.

I guess you have problems with low contrast images?

Try these:

(17 KB) http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/ColBill_SM.U.jpg

detail: (2.8 MB) http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/ColBill_FD.U.jpg

Cheers,
Alan.

March 8, 2005 6:16:12 AM

In article <fo5q21t6958lrvlkp4242d9fi61k2va0ve@4ax.com>, sec@nbnet.nb.ca
says...
> >Why I bought the Maxxum 7D, of course.
>
> Hopefully these aren't the sharpest pictures it'll produce! They're
> not exactly tack-sharp.

Are you high? The images he applied USM to are about as sharp as you
want your photos to get.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/
Anonymous

Alan Browne wrote:

> 231 KB:
> http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/PICT0181s.JPG re-sized, USM
>
> warning--following are nearly 2 MB each.
> http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/PICT0181.JPG fullsize, /USM
> http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/PICT0181usm.JPG fullsize, USM
>
> Maxxum 7D
> 1/160, f/8
> 100 f/2.8 macro
> 3 sync'd strobes
>

> Cheers,
> Alan

Congrats, it's worth it.
Even though you'll find out things you don't like about it. But hey,
it's their first attempt. I love my Digital Rebel even though it lacks
some features. What counts are the pictures :)
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 12:30:55 PM

Alan Browne wrote:

> 231 KB:
> http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/PICT0181s.JPG re-sized, USM
>
> warning--following are nearly 2 MB each.
> http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/PICT0181.JPG fullsize, /USM
> http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/PICT0181usm.JPG fullsize, USM
>
> Maxxum 7D
> 1/160, f/8
> 100 f/2.8 macro
> 3 sync'd strobes
>

> Cheers,
> Alan

Alan

You can buy some of those Palm self adhesive screen protectors, cut it
out and put it on the LCD to protect it from scratches.

Paul
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 12:45:47 PM

Paul Bielec wrote:

> Alan
>
> You can buy some of those Palm self adhesive screen protectors, cut it
> out and put it on the LCD to protect it from scratches.

Already on the list. Although the 7D comes with a transparent
cover/protector in any case.

Cheers,
Alan

March 8, 2005 1:41:56 PM

Alan Browne wrote:

> Maxxum 7D

Congratulations Alan. Welcome to the dark side :)

What will be interesting to see is out of the rolls of film you have
now, how many you will still have in a year :)

Lisa
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 1:56:35 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Did wha?
Why I bought the Maxxum 7D, of course.
----------------------------

Admit it, dude. You've had it for a while now, but it's aken you this
long to get enough guts to admit it.

I know we'll all be stunned by it's output.
Start with something easy like deer or cheerleaders.
It doesn't get much easier than cheerleaders, if ya know what I mean.
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 1:56:40 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Did wha?
Why I bought the Maxxum 7D, of course.
----------------------------

Admit it, dude. You've had it for a while now, but it's aken you this
long to get enough guts to admit it.

I know we'll all be stunned by it's output.
Start with something easy like deer or cheerleaders.
It doesn't get much easier than cheerleaders, if ya know what I mean.
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 3:12:20 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

In article <d0j7rc$7jm$1@inews.gazeta.pl>,
alan.browne@freelunchVideotron.ca says...
> As I go along I'm really beginning to enjoy this...
>
> Cheers,
> Alan.

FEEL THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE!
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/
Anonymous

Lisa Horton wrote:

> Alan Browne wrote:
>

>>Maxxum 7D
>

> Congratulations Alan. Welcome to the dark side :)

Long time coming.

> What will be interesting to see is out of the rolls of film you have
> now, how many you will still have in a year :)

About a dozen 120's and about 30 35mm in color slide & negative. A pile
of T-max 100,

As long as we don't count the many rolls of T-max 100, I'm betting I
keep cycling through my film stock. As I bought the 7D I bought more
slide film too. (I was tempted to phone back and ask how to get that
film I bought into the camera, but they know me too well at that store).

Cheers,
Alan.

March 8, 2005 5:11:29 PM

Alan Browne wrote:

> Lisa Horton wrote:
>

> > Alan Browne wrote:
> >

> >>Maxxum 7D
> >

> > Congratulations Alan. Welcome to the dark side :)
>
> Long time coming.
>
> > What will be interesting to see is out of the rolls of film you have
> > now, how many you will still have in a year :)
>
> About a dozen 120's and about 30 35mm in color slide & negative. A pile
> of T-max 100,
>
> As long as we don't count the many rolls of T-max 100, I'm betting I
> keep cycling through my film stock. As I bought the 7D I bought more
> slide film too. (I was tempted to phone back and ask how to get that
> film I bought into the camera, but they know me too well at that store).

Until you've settled in with the 7D, gotten comfortable with the camera
and your workflow, all of your opinions are still pretty much "pre
digital". I'm speculating about a different time, a year from now, when
your opinions might well be somewhat different, although your film stock
may not be :)

Let's see how many of those rolls are sitting there after a year...

Lisa
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 5:58:58 PM

Annika1980 wrote:

> Here's a tip. Buy a nice dust cover for the 5400. That way, it'll
> still look good when you sell it in 6 months.

I'll be needing an MF scanner by then...

March 8, 2005 6:19:47 PM

Owamanga wrote:

> Weird.
>
> Within the first 10 photos I took with my digital camera was one of a
> bank note propped up on a piece of fruit taken on the kitchen counter
> - no tripod, just camera resting on it's lens cap. The wife had gone
> to bed around 10:00pm fairly un-interested, and it was dark outside so
> the fruit/bill test seemed like a good idea.

....there goes that "The Twilight Zone" music... I was doing some still
lifes (lemon, sausage, brie, beer [not much in the fridge!]), but I
wasn't seeing any areas of great detail. I rummaged in my drawer, and
voila.

> Differences were mine was a less colorful $100 bill, propped up by an
> apple.

You had a $100 left over?

Cheers,
Alan.

March 8, 2005 7:28:40 PM

Lisa Horton wrote:

> Let's see how many of those rolls are sitting there after a year...

You're on... in my calendar.

Cheers,
Alan

March 8, 2005 7:43:05 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 01:08:15 GMT, Alan Browne
<alan.browne@freelunchVideotron.ca>, wrote in
news:D 0ittf$q0j$1@inews.gazeta.pl:

> Walt Hanks wrote:
>
>> Congratulations on the purchase.
>
> Thanks!
>
> > Now, please tell me what to look for in
>> the USM vs Non-usm images. Frankly, the non-USM looks better to me.
>> Am I missing something?
>
> Assuming that you're looking at them at full res, the usm'd ones have
> slightly sharper edges. (Look at the print on the meter body).

I couldn't see any difference at all. They even have the same file size
to the byte - 2030617 bytes, which, I think, is most likely impossible
and suggests that they're the same files with different names.

--
T.N.T.

Lbh xabj jung gb qb vs lbh rire jnag gb rznvy zr.
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 7:43:06 PM

T.N.T. wrote:

> I couldn't see any difference at all. They even have the same file size
> to the byte - 2030617 bytes, which, I think, is most likely impossible
> and suggests that they're the same files with different names.

Oops. And you're right too. These are both USM'd. And I've flushed
the original raw/JPG's, so no going back. I'll photograph again later.

Cheers,
Alan

March 8, 2005 7:52:24 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

In article <d0l5dl$2kh$1@inews.gazeta.pl>, alan.browne@freelunchVideotron.ca
says...
> Lisa Horton wrote:
>

> > Let's see how many of those rolls are sitting there after a year...
>
> You're on... in my calendar.
>
> Cheers,
> Alan

Shoot it for Spite???

I know I do.

I've got a "pretty good" film scanner, so, if I can find a place that wont
scratch the negatives, I use film.

I was using Wal-Mart to do the "develop & cut" only routine ($2.50 for a 36
exposure roll) but something they were doing was putting a scratch the full
lenght of every roll, so I stopped using them.

I've got to have a look at the new "Mystic Color Lab" right down the street.
They bought the name from the owner of a company that went under several
years ago. They claim to be an OLD FASHIONED PHOTO PLACE.. We'll see.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

Larry wrote:

> I've got to have a look at the new "Mystic Color Lab" right down the
> street. They bought the name from the owner of a company that went
> under several years ago. They claim to be an OLD FASHIONED PHOTO
> PLACE.. We'll see.

I have two reliable places for negatives and slides. Even then,
scratches occur from time to time.

Cheers,
Alan

March 8, 2005 8:39:09 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

In article <IqpXd.83488$Ag3.1753064@wagner.videotron.net>,
alan.browne@FreeLunchVideotron.ca says...
> I have two reliable places for negatives and slides. Even then,
> scratches occur from time to time.
>
> Cheers,
> Alan

I would have stuck with Wal-Mart (as they are closer) except this happened to
20 rolls over a two week period, and when I brought it up, they blamed the
camera. So I brought a half dozen rolls to Ritz (25 minutes away) and guess
what... no scratches.. Back to Wal-Mart with 2 rolls I didnt care about..
Continuous scratch beginning of roll to end of roll on BOTH rolls.

So I haven't shot much film lately because I dont get over in the direction
of Ritz very often.

The new place in Mystic is probably closer (Mystic covers a lot of area in
two, or is it three towns), and I haven't seen the place yet so I dont know
where it is, but like I said, timewise, its probably closer than Ritz.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

Larry wrote:

> I would have stuck with Wal-Mart (as they are closer) except this happened to
> 20 rolls over a two week period, and when I brought it up, they blamed the
> camera. So I brought a half dozen rolls to Ritz (25 minutes away) and guess
> what... no scratches.. Back to Wal-Mart with 2 rolls I didnt care about..
> Continuous scratch beginning of roll to end of roll on BOTH rolls.

Did you challenge them on that? I would.

Sprawl*Merde is not the place to go.... you will continuously hear
stories of film on the floor, and untrained operators. It would be nice
if they all had an obsessed photolab operator (Robin Williams in "1 hour
photo"), but alas, by most accounts they're mostly low paid, not trained
correctly and uninterested.

Cheers,
Alan

March 8, 2005 9:33:00 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

In article <3rqXd.83510$Ag3.1801624@wagner.videotron.net>,
alan.browne@FreeLunchVideotron.ca says...
> Larry wrote:
>
> > I would have stuck with Wal-Mart (as they are closer) except this happened to
> > 20 rolls over a two week period, and when I brought it up, they blamed the
> > camera. So I brought a half dozen rolls to Ritz (25 minutes away) and guess
> > what... no scratches.. Back to Wal-Mart with 2 rolls I didnt care about..
> > Continuous scratch beginning of roll to end of roll on BOTH rolls.
>
> Did you challenge them on that? I would.
>
> Sprawl*Merde is not the place to go.... you will continuously hear
> stories of film on the floor, and untrained operators. It would be nice
> if they all had an obsessed photolab operator (Robin Williams in "1 hour
> photo"), but alas, by most accounts they're mostly low paid, not trained
> correctly and uninterested.
>
> Cheers,
> Alan

If I had someone like Sy the photo guy, I wouldn't much care what he did with
his spare time.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

Larry wrote:

> If I had someone like Sy the photo guy, I wouldn't much care what he did with
> his spare time.

.... until it's your family...

March 8, 2005 10:05:58 PM

Alan Browne wrote:
> Lisa Horton wrote:
>

>> Alan Browne wrote:
>>

>>> Maxxum 7D
>>

>> Congratulations Alan. Welcome to the dark side :)
>

> Long time coming.
>

>> What will be interesting to see is out of the rolls of film you have
>> now, how many you will still have in a year :)
>

> About a dozen 120's and about 30 35mm in color slide & negative. A pile
> of T-max 100,
>
> As long as we don't count the many rolls of T-max 100, I'm betting I
> keep cycling through my film stock. As I bought the 7D I bought more
> slide film too. (I was tempted to phone back and ask how to get that
> film I bought into the camera, but they know me too well at that store).
>
> Cheers,
> Alan.

I haven't taken a picture with a film camera since buying my first
digital, and don't expect to. Digital just fits the way I use a camera,
to a 'T'.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous

Larry wrote:
> In article <d0l5dl$2kh$1@inews.gazeta.pl>, alan.browne@freelunchVideotron.ca
> says...
>
>>Lisa Horton wrote:
>>

>>>Let's see how many of those rolls are sitting there after a year...
>>
>>You're on... in my calendar.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>Alan
>>

> Shoot it for Spite???
>

> I know I do.
>
> I've got a "pretty good" film scanner, so, if I can find a place that wont
> scratch the negatives, I use film.
>
> I was using Wal-Mart to do the "develop & cut" only routine ($2.50 for a 36
> exposure roll) but something they were doing was putting a scratch the full
> lenght of every roll, so I stopped using them.

Another of the 'joys of film' I am happy to no longer have to worry about.

> I've got to have a look at the new "Mystic Color Lab" right down the street.
> They bought the name from the owner of a company that went under several
> years ago. They claim to be an OLD FASHIONED PHOTO PLACE.. We'll see.

Ahh, they do tintypes? Grin.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 10:34:25 PM

Alan Browne wrote:

> Did wha?
>
> Why I bought the Maxxum 7D, of course.
>
> Alan Browne wrote:

Congrats, Alan! I don't know zip about Minoltas - 'cept I had an
Autocord 2¼ once - but if it's as good as my Canon {:-)) then you're
going to l-o-v-e it.

Colin
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 10:34:26 PM

Colin D wrote:

> Congrats, Alan! I don't know zip about Minoltas - 'cept I had an
> Autocord 2¼ once - but if it's as good as my Canon {:-)) then you're
> going to l-o-v-e it.

Thanks.
My Maxxum 9 is pouting right now... (Lots of film in the fridge too).

March 9, 2005 12:09:54 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 15:19:47 -0500, Alan Browne
<alan.browne@FreeLunchVideotron.ca> wrote:

>Owamanga wrote:
>
>> Weird.
>>
>> Within the first 10 photos I took with my digital camera was one of a
>> bank note propped up on a piece of fruit taken on the kitchen counter
>> - no tripod, just camera resting on it's lens cap. The wife had gone
>> to bed around 10:00pm fairly un-interested, and it was dark outside so
>> the fruit/bill test seemed like a good idea.
>

>...there goes that "The Twilight Zone" music... I was doing some still
>lifes (lemon, sausage, brie, beer [not much in the fridge!]), but I
>wasn't seeing any areas of great detail. I rummaged in my drawer, and
>voila.

Assuming sufficient quantities; Sausage, Brie and Beer passes for a
well stacked fridge in my books. What more could a man need?

>> Differences were mine was a less colorful $100 bill, propped up by an
>> apple.
>
>You had a $100 left over?

I'm certain it was owed to somebody. Probably the credit card company.

--
Owamanga!
Anonymous

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

> Assuming sufficient quantities; Sausage, Brie and Beer passes for a
> well stacked fridge in my books. What more could a man need?

A woman...to cook the sausage and serve the beer :)
Don't tell my wife that I said that...
March 9, 2005 12:09:55 AM

Owamanga wrote:

> Assuming sufficient quantities; Sausage, Brie and Beer passes for a
> well stacked fridge in my books. What more could a man need?

....seconds?

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:16:45 -0500, Paul Bielec <no@spam.com> wrote:

>> Assuming sufficient quantities; Sausage, Brie and Beer passes for a
>> well stacked fridge in my books. What more could a man need?
>
>A woman...to cook the sausage and serve the beer :)
>Don't tell my wife that I said that...

You keep a women in the fridge?

Hmm, does she need, you know, some assembly first?

I know.. you've got the 3ft tall model with the flat head.

--
Owamanga!
Anonymous

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Larry <larrylynch3rd@comcast.net> wrote in

> I've got to have a look at the new "Mystic Color Lab" right down
> the street.

Any relationship to the former Mystic Photo Labs, which is now owned by
District Photo (Clark, York, Snapfish)?

--

Bill
March 9, 2005 1:00:52 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

In article <Xns9613AD4BF6FB1WoodchuckBill@130.133.1.4>, bwr607@hotmail.com
says...
> Any relationship to the former Mystic Photo Labs, which is now owned by
> District Photo (Clark, York, Snapfish)?
>
> --
>
> Bill

I dont really know, as the name Mystic Color Lab, has always been seperate
from Mystic Photo Lab.

The "new" Color lab is owned (AFAIK) by local people, at least thats what I
read in the local paper. (just haven't got "off my ass" to go see.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

In rec.photo.equipment.35mm Owamanga <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Assuming sufficient quantities; Sausage, Brie and Beer passes for a
> well stacked fridge in my books. What more could a man need?

Brie with beer! Heresy! Get the stake ready for another autodafe!
If anything, you should accompany white cheese with wine. IMHO
anyways.

[note - this is way offtopic so please be circumspect with replies]

--
Sander

+++ Out of cheese error +++
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 1:03:47 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 08:23:00 +0000 (UTC), Sander Vesik
<sander@haldjas.folklore.ee> wrote:

>In rec.photo.equipment.35mm Owamanga <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Assuming sufficient quantities; Sausage, Brie and Beer passes for a
>> well stacked fridge in my books. What more could a man need?

bweurrrk ! .. hope yr other tastes are not of similar nature ..
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 1:10:33 PM

Sander Vesik wrote:

> In rec.photo.equipment.35mm Owamanga <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Assuming sufficient quantities; Sausage, Brie and Beer passes for a
>>well stacked fridge in my books. What more could a man need?
>

> Brie with beer! Heresy! Get the stake ready for another autodafe!
> If anything, you should accompany white cheese with wine. IMHO
> anyways.

I didn't have the Brie or the beer. Another requisite is a baguette,
and I didn't feel like running out for one.

I didn't have any bottles of wine around either (well maybe downstairs,
but I was in a lazy mood).

Cheers,
Alan
March 9, 2005 1:47:37 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

news:D 0j0t1$eh$1@inews.gazeta.pl...
> Brian C. Baird wrote:
>
>> Hey hey, welcome to digital, Alan!

So what happened to make you buy it?
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 1:47:38 PM

ian lincoln wrote:

> So what happened to make you buy it?

A Hassy 500CM + 150mm f/4 + A12 deal fell through. I'll wait until Autumn.

Cheers,
Alan.

March 9, 2005 1:47:38 PM

ian lincoln wrote:

> So what happened to make you buy it?

The story I'll tell my girlfriend is of course ... "The devil made me do
it!"