On initial starup. It turns on then off.

Bat9th

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
I try following the directions, plug what I can into each spot. I turn my power supply on. The fans and leds go on, it beeps twice, then the little RED led that is the CPU LED flashes and everything shuts down.

No idea where to go about this now.

I originally bought a Noctua ND14 but when I install it the RAM doest fit right and kinda bends so just to see if I could get the thing working I used the crappy stock heat sink.

Here is a video. The first red LED is the RAM, the second is the CPU. When I take out all the ram just to see what happens it turns on and immidiatly off... So thinking the CPU, but then again I have no clue.

VIDEO

P8Z68,i52500K,GTX580,8gb Vengeance ram, 850ax PSU

Take the motherboard out, put it on a wooden table or cardboard or any non-conductive material. Place the case nearby so you can use the power button. Try with one stick of RAM. If not working, power off, change the RAM slot and try again.

LE list your specs.

Bat9th

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
I switched the power button chasis plug. Starts up but on screen says detects no hard drive (there is one) secondly it says CPU heat error. One time it went into the bios and showed the CPU too hot then shut down. I was using the stock heatsink and the fan on it was running.

ps3hacker12

Distinguished

are you sure the thermal paste of the Heatsink is not dried up/not put on properly, another thing to change is to change under advanced-->sata settings then change the mode from ide to AHCI (if its in IDE).