coreydmorton

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
I posted on this forum today about some issues with my video card. I received many wonderful comments, and my issue was solved. It turns out my PSU was nowheres near good enough for the GTX 570. I just want to know if my GPU is really broken because of this. I plugged in GTX 570 in, just to see if it works and my pc doesn't even turn on. I tried switching the psu on/off and re-seating the GPU and the pc won't turn on. Though, the cpu fan will turn ONE rotation, then the pc will shut off. But once i take out the video card and use the onboard video card everything is fine and the pc turns on and posts. Is my card officially DEAD? Or is the psu just not supplying enough power to even power the card on anymore? Will the pc at least turn on in some way even if the GPU is dead (that's my main question i guess, which would solve the question). Thanks everyone! :)
PS: Perhaps there are other methods to see if the GPU is dead? ( Though i don't have another pc to test it in)

coreydmorton

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011

hmm that makes sense, i really hope you're right and my card just isn't getting enough power. I don't want to have to RMA it, it's so time consuming, costly, and just plain annoying haha.

coreydmorton

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
Got it up and running again, turns out it wasn't my PSu at ALL. It was my video card vbois, because i have a n570gtx msi and it's PRE-oc'd and the vbios was having troulbes with that. SO i underclocked the card to stock GTX 570 clock and everything works AMAZING NOW. :p Turns out i'm not the only one with this issue with the n570gtx msi version of the 570, also it's supposedly fixed with the KK1 bios update. I need to do that so i can oc it, or feel safe again :p Though it's an anoyying process and i need to find a floppy disk (or usb) so i can flash my vbios.