Can't go into BIOS on MSI Z68A-GD55

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirbydude1234

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
I just put together another PC, carrying over some old components (GPU, RAM, HDD, PSU) with a new case (Thermaltake Chaser MK-I), CPU (i5-2500k) and CPU cooler (cooler master hyper 212 plus). Everything works well except for the fact that I can't go into the bios (UEFI/ClickBios II). When I press delete, nothing happens. When I press ctrl-M (like it says on splash screen thing) it pauses at a black screen with "B2" in lower right corner and a non-blinking underscore in top right. I know that it worked once when I first powered it on (to set RAM speed) but now it doesn't work.

Specs:
MSI Z68A-GD55 (G3)
i5-2500k
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
Galaxy GTX 550 Ti 2GB
8GB Patriot G2 series ( 2 x 4GB )
Thermaltake chaser MK-I
OCZ 550w modular power supply
Seagate SATA 5400RPM 2TB HDD
Western Digital 250GB IDE drive (not plugged in currently) with SATA adapter
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Solution

Couple of posts above OP said that he figured it out by pressing the DEL key at a different moment during BOOT! Hence my comment!

kirbydude1234

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
Ah ***, figured it out. Rookie mistake, I have never used this BIOS before. Turns out I have to press DEL on the "Military Class II" screen that stays there for a second, and not the hard drive configuration.

ozyism

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012

Well if the problem started after you set the RAM speed then maybe that is the source of the problem? Try resetting your bios to default.

Try to short circuit your bios, some other individual might give you detailed explanation of how to do that, but I just leave you with that advise.

Hope it helps.

Regards

K

Couple of posts above OP said that he figured it out by pressing the DEL key at a different moment during BOOT! Hence my comment!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.