How much could I sell my homebuilt computer for?...

nevereon

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
Hey guys. The time has come to sell one of my favorite (yet now antiquated) builds in preparation for my move to California from Sweden. I just won't be able to bring my homebuild with me to Cali as it wouldn't be practical or make any economical sense. Anyways, I'm gonna put an ad up for it later today but thought I'd ask you guys first how much you reckon I could get for it. I have no clue about computer prices anymore as this was my latest build, but I do realize that it probably isn't worth much anymore. I initially bought the setup 3 years ago and have been upgrading on it since.

The build:
CASE: Coolermaster HAF 932
CPU: AMD Black Edition 6400+, 3.2ghz x2
CPU FAN: Zalman CNPS9700 NT + arctic cooling thermal paste
GPU: Leadtek Nvidea GeForce 8800 GT
MOBO: Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe
RAM: 2gb Kingston DDR2-800 (400MHz), 2gb G Skill DDR2-800 (400MHz) w/ heatpipes
HDD: 160gb Seagate SATA drive 7200 RPM (Main drive for operating system)
HDD: 500gb Samsung SATA drive 7200 RPM (Secondary storage drive)
PSU: 880W HIPER low noise power supply
Network: Realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.11b/g 54 Mbsp USB 2.0 Network Adapter
CD-drive Some random Samsung read/write

Logitech soundman x1 speakers
Random Multimedia Keyboard
Old Logitech mouse
BENQ E2200HD 22" LCD Screen

I think those were all the specs, let me know if I forgot anything. Everything is running 100% fine, the computer runs perfectly at low temperatures and is virtually silent thanks to the huge fans on the HAF casing. Although I'm sure the computer is considered antiquated by today's standards, it has yet to have had trouble running the latest games on the market with medium-high graphics.

Really wish I could keep my build but unfortunately we must part :( Anyone have any ballpark figures on what I should be asking for it?

Thanks beforehand.

You know, that motherboard supports the Phenom II 955 with a BIOS update

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2/M2NSLI_Deluxe/#CPUS

If it was me, I would upgrade the CPU, get another 8800GT from eBay, and keep on gaming. If you are going to sell it then you have a tough sell. Heck Toms $500 builds from the last few quarters would blow yours away.

I'd say $300-$200 depending on what your area is willing to pay. If you can get away with $400 on craigs list go for it and go in with the mentality of "1-2-3 no backies" :D

nevereon

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
Okay, thanks guys :p Will try. I would definitely have upgraded it if it wasn't for the reason that I'm basically forced to sell it atm. Oh well.