Computer turns on and fans run, but nothing on the screen. It is an HP Pavillion

I have an HP Pavilion a1000 and when i turn it on, the fans come on but nothing else. I removed and cleaned the ram and the video card and anything else that i could. Where do i go from here? I purchased this computer brand new from a best buy about 6 years ago. I need this computer up and running asap. please help if you can. Thanks.

P.S. No beeps on start up or anything. just fan noise and lights on front of computer.
5 answers Last reply
More about computer turns fans screen pavillion
  1. di you check the hdd
  2. I dont know anything about computers, so I'm not sure how to check that.
  3. ask a friend near you to test this ide, hdd drive in is computer to see if drive spin
  4. rdavis2108 said:
    I have an HP Pavilion a1000 and when i turn it on, the fans come on but nothing else. I removed and cleaned the ram and the video card and anything else that i could. Where do i go from here? I purchased this computer brand new from a best buy about 6 years ago. I need this computer up and running asap. please help if you can. Thanks.

P.S. No beeps on start up or anything. just fan noise and lights on front of computer.
  5. actually, I just did this on purpose! I'm guessing you have a computer tower. My guess is that your graphics card (GPU) is out or just not plugged in. I took the power out of my GPU and it's doing exactly what you described. Fans running, no beeps.
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Hewlett Packard HP Pavilion Components