Sign in with
Your question

Computer turns on and fans run, but nothing on the screen. It is an HP Pavillion

Last response: in Components
September 19, 2011 1:55:36 AM

I have an HP Pavilion a1000 and when i turn it on, the fans come on but nothing else. I removed and cleaned the ram and the video card and anything else that i could. Where do i go from here? I purchased this computer brand new from a best buy about 6 years ago. I need this computer up and running asap. please help if you can. Thanks.

P.S. No beeps on start up or anything. just fan noise and lights on front of computer.
a b α HP
September 19, 2011 2:29:35 AM

di you check the hdd
m
l
September 19, 2011 2:37:35 AM

I dont know anything about computers, so I'm not sure how to check that.
m
l
Related resources
a b α HP
September 19, 2011 2:56:01 AM

ask a friend near you to test this ide, hdd drive in is computer to see if drive spin
m
l
October 4, 2012 2:44:40 PM

rdavis2108 said:
I have an HP Pavilion a1000 and when i turn it on, the fans come on but nothing else. I removed and cleaned the ram and the video card and anything else that i could. Where do i go from here? I purchased this computer brand new from a best buy about 6 years ago. I need this computer up and running asap. please help if you can. Thanks.

P.S. No beeps on start up or anything. just fan noise and lights on front of computer.

m
l
October 5, 2012 7:44:34 PM

actually, I just did this on purpose! I'm guessing you have a computer tower. My guess is that your graphics card (GPU) is out or just not plugged in. I took the power out of my GPU and it's doing exactly what you described. Fans running, no beeps.
m
l
!