133mhz fsb p4 mobile?

Sportlife

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2002
does anyone out there know how soon notebooks will start using chipsets that support 133mhz fsb for use with the p4? (should i be holding out for a new notebook for a few weeks or will it likely be several months?)

thanks a bunch guys!

lakedude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Week, months, years it don't matter. What ever you buy for the forseeable future will be junk in a year because of the rule (Moore's law) that says computer power doubles every year or two. I assume you will have your notebook for longer then a few weeks or months. Famous notebook makers are starting to put desktop chips in their notebooks now. I went with a "off brand" cause just a month ago you couldn't buy a 2G notebook from somone like HP and now this month you can. In a year .09micron 4GHz machines will be out and in a year from that who knows?

IMO the two biggest factors keeping notebook speeds well short of desktops are drive speeds and video cards, memory does not make a spit in total relative speed compared to the other factors. Drive speed will always be less in a notebook because the drives need to be smaller and use less power hence a slower drive. I suppose someone could design a hoss vid card to slam in a notebook but I suspect the power and heat makes this impossible with current tech.

Sorry I'm not giving you the answer you were looking for but I don't think it really matters. Anytime you wait a month something better will be out or at least the price for existing products will be lower, either way you will always have a reason to wait. The question is how bad do you need a laptop and what could you be doing with one in the month you would be without one if you wait.

Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire.

Sportlife

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2002
i guess what i was getting at was the fact that it is indeed a desktop processor that i am getting in a laptop. Eurocom offers "desktop replacement" solutions that are fully upgradable in the future. so i was hoping i could wait until the 133mhz fsb came out so that the thing was upgradeable for as long as possible seeing as how 133mhz is the newer technology

Sportlife

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2002
ok no offence lakedude... but zpyrd seems to know his [-peep-] way more than you do. what is wrong with you. speed is everything. do you not have a manlyhood down there or what? go back home and play with your little 486. i plan to use my computer for something a little more advanced than solitaire so yes... the fsb matter does make a difference.

CaligulAZ

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2002
There are currently no mobile chipsets that support 133mhz fsb and intel doesn't have any in their roadmap for the future & intel recently relesed 2 new cpuz that suport the 100mhz fsb(2.5 & 2.6ghz) so I would guess that they plan on sticking with a 100mhz fsb for their moblie platforms for a while longer, but that is just my guess...

What has been said here needs no ending...