Dual display problems.

SuperNova221

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011
Recently dug out my old monitor and managed to get it onto my pitifully small desk. My main monitor is connected through DVI cable to my Sapphire HD 6870 on the bottom DVI slot, the second monitor on a VGA cable with a DVI/VGA converter on the top slot. It ran fine until I tested out a full screen game, the second monitor then only started using about 2/3 of the screen available.

Through the monitor settings I've managed to widen the image so that it shows around 7/8's or so now, but that's the settings maxed out and it won't go any wider. Changed the resolution too which hasn't helped at all, used space on the monitor stayed the same. Updated my graphics card drivers, fiddled around with settings in CCC to no avail. The only thing I've found that would indicate that anything is wrong, other than smething be wrong of course, is that on the Device manager menu it now recognises the second monitor as generic non-PNP monitor instead of generic PNP monitor as it did before.

Any suggestions welcome.

-Nova

SuperNova221

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011
To better describe the problem, I've chosen a 16:10 aspect ratio (1440x900) but it is coming up on the screen in 4:3 aspect ratio, with black bars at the side. Previous to this problem 1440x900 worked and displayed fine. Lower resolutions are all far too large and blurry.