Trendent TEW-423PI card on Win7 64bit not connecting to the network..

dunn2k

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2007
Hi guys iv upgraded my system to Windows 7 (64bit) and had to get a new network card as there were no compatable drivers for my old one. Iv now got a Trendnet (Trendware) TEW-423PI wireless card which works perfectly with my xp system using the most up to date drivers from the website.

With Windows 7 however im having no such luck. Iv tried the most up to date drivers from the website, iv then tried uninstalling the connection software leaving only the drivers. That worked for a day but the following day when i switched it on it couldnt connect to the network. I tried reinstalling the software and drivers again etc as previous but still the same outcome.

Iv confirmed that my computer is part of the home network as found on other threads,
Iv confirmed that the power cannot be turned off by windows,

Iv got Nod32 installed, iv not tried removing it....Is this worth a go? Any suggestions would be appreciated, i just cant understand why this is such a hassle. Why do they release a new operating system which is so difficult to get compatability. Iv read that this card does work but people do seem to get this problem.

So that worked then! It was only the restart that upset it so the answer may be in WinKey+R msconfig>StartUp. The card's software tried to take over from Windows and that always leads to a conflict. Windows likes to be in charge.

dunn2k

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2007

So if i run the msconfig, startup program i should be able to find something there about the wireless!? ill check it out when i get home later, thanks.

jockey

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
Win 7 recognized my card and installed its' own drivers. No issues at all.
You may want to uninstall your cards drivers and let windows "find new hardware".

TRENDING THREADS