Downclock unstable

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhafner

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011
hello;

i have managed to downclock my i5-760 cpu on p55a-ud3 mobo to 2.4ghz but by using multiplier only, i really would like to downclock it by using bclk, but once i change anything in bclk pc won't boot up as it affects memory multiplier also. so what are the ratios of uncore, memory multiplier, qpi that should be used to reach bclk of 115mhz * 21 = 2.41ghz ?!

and are there any settings in memory needed to be changed?!

regards...

Solution
I don't recommend downclocking anymore. You lose some of the advantages of eist (speedstep) by manually changing the settings. And you won't save that much energy. Even the last single core celeron, though rated at 35 watts, doesn't use much less energy than the next step up to the 530 (dual core) celeron. If you truly need to save some energy, I would sell your setup and look for a used "s" series quad core, such as the 2400s. I got one recently for only $70, and another one is going for $130, but the seller on craigslist may have to lower his price to move it.
I don't recommend downclocking anymore. You lose some of the advantages of eist (speedstep) by manually changing the settings. And you won't save that much energy. Even the last single core celeron, though rated at 35 watts, doesn't use much less energy than the next step up to the 530 (dual core) celeron. If you truly need to save some energy, I would sell your setup and look for a used "s" series quad core, such as the 2400s. I got one recently for only $70, and another one is going for $130, but the seller on craigslist may have to lower his price to move it.

Solution

jhafner

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011

thanks for your reply, i am not after saving energy, i am just testing to learn things.

regards...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS