Sign in with
Your question

Recommendation for new Intel X79 LGA2011 motherboard?

Last response: in Motherboards
June 10, 2012 12:04:01 PM

Hello,

Can anyone advice on a good Intel X79 LGA2011 motherboard? My preferences are good stability i.e. stable BIOS, relatively easy installation and decent but not insane level overclocking. The components I bought are:
  • Intel i7-3930K C2
  • Noctua CPU Cooler NH-D14 SE2011
  • Corsair Dominator GT 16GB Quad CMT16GX3M4X2133C9
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW
  • 256GB Crucial M4 SATA III 6G
  • 240GB OWC Mercury Pro SATA II 3G
  • LG BH10LS38 Super Multi Blue
  • Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty Pro
  • Corsair AX1200 Gold PSU

I just had a horrendous experience with a new ASUS Rampage IV Extreme for which I posted a review here

Moving forward, and after such disappointment I would like to buy a different brand altogether. After lot of research and reading all the bad reviews for ASUS, Gigabyte, ASRock, EVGA etc I found the Intel ones BOXDX79SR or BOXDX79SI to be the closest match to what I'm looking for.

Can anyone advice how good these Intel boards are? Are there other brands I might have overlooked?

TIA,
    Best regards,
    Giovanni
    a b V Motherboard
    June 10, 2012 7:38:15 PM

I don't know how you came across bad reviews for Asus, Gigabyte, etc and not Intel. Intel is at least as bad as Asus and Gigabyte are.

I don't think you should pick Intel boards, but GL to you if you do so.

I think you just got unlucky and that you might be drawing some bad conclusions from your experience.

Asus and Gigabyte make great boards and Asrock isn't doing bad lately at all.
    Related resources
    !