/ Sign-up
Your question

What else would i need?

  • Routers
  • Wireless Router
  • Wireless Access
  • Switch
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
September 5, 2010 2:47:21 AM

I am wiring my house with Cat6. I have run Ten (10) individual lines (homeruns)to every room from my basement plus one (1) more for a "wireless" access point. I already have a Belkin N+ Wireless Router (F5D8235-4). I'm not sure if i need a "hub" or "switch" to go with this. It would need to be either a 12 or 16 port. I'd like to have it go from the modem to the "hub" or "switch" which will then feed every room along with the wireless router!

Thank you!

More about : question

September 5, 2010 5:36:25 PM

connect the modem to the router. Use two 8 port switches (cheaper than a 12 or 16 port) and connect both directly to the router. Finally connect the Access point to the router.