Enable Crossfire? (2nd PCI-E Slot)

Bewbilicious

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
I have a computer with 2 PCI-E slots and after searching on the internet I found that you can flash the BIOS to enable SLi that way, but I wasn't able to find the said files to do so.

Also I was just curious to see if Sli is the same as crossfire, I assure it is the same thing just different cards (nVidia vs ATI)

If anyone is able to help me that would be great, I just recently got into tweaking things myself and would like to eventually get into actually building a system from scratch.

Computer Info:

ASUS CG5290-BP007
Mobo: RAMPAGE II GENE / CG5290/DP MB
RAM: 9GIG DDR3
GPU: RADEON HD6750 1GIG DDR5
CPU: INTEL i7 920 @ 2.67GHZ (OVERCLOCKED TO 4.5GHZ)
Cooling: 5 120mm fans / Corsair H60

If you need anything else let me know, I would like to set up another 6750 to hopefully push out better fps for mmo's and try to figure out how to OC them
Also hopefully this is in the correct spot, if not please feel free to move it where it should be.

Newer BIOSs should have such capability automatically built in.

SLI is the same thing as Crossfire.

However, using multiple video cards is generally a bad option. A single bigger card is pretty much always preferable unless there is no single bigger card (like if you were talking about GTX 680s).

I would ebay your current card and buy 1x of something bigger if you need more graphics performance.

You must first install the second card for the SLI/Crossfire option to be available.
It will then show up in the driver control panel in windows.
Unless you can get the second card very cheap, performance would not be worth it.
A new 7790/R9 260x would be about the same performance. Draw less power and not have the hassle of a dual card setup.
Crossfire of older cards is a gamble. If your game has good support you could get 50-70 percent improvement.
Titles with poor crossfire support can run slower under crossfire than with a single card.