Closed Solved

Is a Komputerbay 4GB DDR3 compatible with a Kingstone 4 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3?

They pretty much look the same to me, but I would like to comfirm on this before purchasing.

I currently have a 4GB RAM Card:

Quote:
DIMM1: Kingston 99U5471-012.A00LF 4 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (8-8-8-22 @ 609 MHz) (7-7-7-20 @ 533 MHz) (6-6-6-17 @ 457 MHz)


And I want to buy a new card from another brand, Komputerbay

Quote:
Komputerbay 4GB DDR3 SODIMM (204 pin) 1333Mhz PC3 10600 8 GB (9-9-9-25)


Will they work alright together? I have two slots, so it's going to be 8 GB of RAM with both cards.
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about komputerbay ddr3 compatible kingstone ddr3 1333 ddr3
  1. What sort of computer is this Komputerbay RAM going to be used in?

    I am having trouble looking up the Kingston RAM and I need more info that I can use to look up its specifications.

    A specific maker and model of the computer would be good if it was made by a major company.
  2. Raiddinn said:
    What sort of computer is this Komputerbay RAM going to be used in?

    I am having trouble looking up the Kingston RAM and I need more info that I can use to look up its specifications.

    A specific maker and model of the computer would be good if it was made by a major company.


    Thank you, the MOBO is Asrock G41M VS3 R2.0.
    The processor is QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
  3. The laptop RAM (SODIMM 204 PIN) will definitely not work with that desktop motherboard.

    I am not a super huge expert on keeping old hardware going long after its end of life, but I would say that if you find another RAM with much more similar specifications it will probably work.

    240 pins is a minimum for it to have a chance of working.

    This would be a decent try

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134927

    but I can't guarantee you anything unless you can find me a product page for the one you have now because I can't find one myself easily.
  4. Raiddinn said:
    The laptop RAM (SODIMM 204 PIN) will definitely not work with that desktop motherboard.

    I am not a super huge expert on keeping old hardware going long after its end of life, but I would say that if you find another RAM with much more similar specifications it will probably work.

    240 pins is a minimum for it to have a chance of working.

    This would be a decent try

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134927

    but I can't guarantee you anything unless you can find me a product page for the one you have now because I can't find one myself easily.


    What if I buy two Komputerbay Rams of 4GB each, and get rid of the kingstone.

    I suppose the would fix the problem, right?
  5. The best idea is to always have 2 of the same sticks.

    However, the laptop RAM plain wont work.
  6. Raiddinn said:
    The best idea is to always have 2 of the same sticks.

    However, the laptop RAM plain wont work.


    Yeah, What I meant is getting rid of the laptop ram (Kingstone), and install both Komputerbay Rams...

    The Komputerbay cards are not laptop ram, are they? Sorry I'm a bit confused...
  7. Best answer
    If you look on this product page

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157242&Tpk=Asrock%20G41M

    It clearly says

    Number of Memory Slots: --> 2×240pin <--

    the RAM you are considering says this

    Komputerbay 4GB DDR3 SODIMM --> (204 pin) <--

    That is what I am trying to say.
  8. Even if they were DIMMs (desktop modules) instead of SODIMMs (mobile and a few very small form factor desktops), I do not recommend Komputerbay memory. I have used this brand a few times and they seem to often cause more trouble than better brands such as G.Skill, Corsair, and Crucial.
  9. Now I get it thanks!

    What bugs me even more is that in the specs page, they don't specify the number of pins.

    Just

    Quote:
    - Dual Channel DDR3 memory technology
    - 2 x DDR3 DIMM slots
    - Supports DDR3 1333(OC)/1066/800 non-ECC, un-buffered memory
    - Max. capacity of system memory: 8GB*


    See by yourself.
  10. It does say it on page 11 of the manual here:

    ftp://174.142.97.10/manual/G41M-VS3%20R2.0.pdf

    Which there is a link to from that same product page. You just hit manual and then choose your server of choice, I picked the U.S.
  11. Thank you so much!

    I found the same card I had on board. And ended up buying it. As you stated it's 240 pin. I opened the case to make sure, it's Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G
  12. Best answer selected by lonrot.
  13. Glad you could figure out what you already had.
  14. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

ASRock DDR3 RAM Compatibility Motherboards Product