Cannot boot from .iso files; cannot access BIOS.

Technopenguin

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
I have just built a computer, which of course has an empty hard drive-this means no MBR, no anything. The computer seems to be detecting the hard drive, memory, cpu, and video card I installed. It simply won't boot iso files. My goal is to install fedora 15 on this computer. Regarding the BIOS: my motherboard is an ASrock, and their site says to hit F2 to access BIOS. This did not work.

Technopenguin

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
I burned the .iso to the CD, I'm aware of how to do that. Also, I was planning on installing Fedora. I don't even think installing Windows would be doable, since it just won't boot off of any CD.

Technopenguin

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
As far as I know, it will boot on a mac. For the homebuilt computer, it will get to the part where it asks me how to boot. If I choose either boot, or verify then boot, it will show a small symbol in the center, that normally fills up, but it doesn't. There is no CD activity at all at this point. For a windows computer, I'm not sure how to boot from a CD. Hitting F12 and selecting to boot from a CD doesn't seem to work.

Technopenguin

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
If I don't put a CD with an iso into the computer, it will tell me to press any key or insert media with and os to restart the computer... I'm going to try and access the BIOS again; the ASrock site said F2, but I'll try others...

Technopenguin

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
Here's what's more. I'm starting to look negatively at the CD drive. When I patched the its SATA cable (yes its a SATA drive) over from a 6 GB/s spot to a 3 GB/s spot, a white screen with possible messages I saw earlier, before reaching the frozen screen part was slowed down. It said: ata2.00: failed to resume link (SControl 0) <similar messages follow, with: ata1.01, ata 2.01, ata 1.00, etc.