Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

B75 for gaming?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
June 10, 2012 7:20:41 PM

Hey, I found a biostar b75 that has a lot of features but I'm not sure if b75 would be right for gaming. Whats the difference between h61 and b75?

More about : b75 gaming

a c 294 4 Gaming
a c 1163 V Motherboard
June 10, 2012 7:59:20 PM

It is a newer chipset with PCIe 3 support. It will do fine in gaming.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b V Motherboard
June 10, 2012 8:14:51 PM

I would avoid both Biostar and B75. It should work, but I am not a big fan of the brand or the board type.

A z77 from Asus, Gigabyte, or Asrock would be a more mainstream selection.
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 294 4 Gaming
a c 1163 V Motherboard
June 10, 2012 8:23:13 PM

B75 is fine for a none "K" CPU and if the board has enough features for the user!
m
0
l
October 12, 2012 10:46:44 PM

Why non "k" cpu only? What do you need for them?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 137 V Motherboard
October 12, 2012 10:54:51 PM

eodeo said:
Why non "k" cpu only? What do you need for them?


You can use a K CPU with any of the LGA 1155 boards, but you can only overclock them with P67, Z68, Z75, or Z77. Therefore, it doesn't make any sense to "muzzle" the K CPU's with a board that you can't overclock with.
m
0
l
October 12, 2012 11:09:35 PM

So, if i dont care about overclocking, i can stick with non k cpu and b75 mobo for example?

Does that imply that I cant overclock at all, or just not as much/ as good?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 137 V Motherboard
October 12, 2012 11:16:32 PM

eodeo said:
So, if i dont care about overclocking, i can stick with non k cpu and b75 mobo for example?

Does that imply that I cant overclock at all, or just not as much/ as good?


Yeah, if you don't care about overclocking, a B75 board is just fine, but yes, that means that you can't really overclock at all (I don't think the BCLK is locked on a B75 board, but you can't really overclock the BCLK much anyway, so there's no point).
m
0
l
October 12, 2012 11:31:59 PM

Thank you!

So if I were to get a CPU like i5 3450 with base clock of 3.1ghz, I couldnt OC it to 3.8ghz or any usefull OC by using b75?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 137 V Motherboard
October 12, 2012 11:33:03 PM

eodeo said:
Thank you!

So if I were to get a CPU like i5 3450 with base clock of 3.1ghz, I couldnt OC it to 3.8ghz or any usefull OC by using b75?


As far as I know, no.
m
0
l
October 12, 2012 11:38:02 PM

Thank you for clearing that up for me!

I dont want to OC, but my old q6600 was begging for 2.4>3ghz auto overclock. I was wondering if something similar was viable for ivy bridge. Getting z77 over b75 is doubling mobo price and that is just not nice.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 137 V Motherboard
October 12, 2012 11:53:45 PM

eodeo said:
Thank you for clearing that up for me!

I dont want to OC, but my old q6600 was begging for 2.4>3ghz auto overclock. I was wondering if something similar was viable for ivy bridge. Getting z77 over b75 is doubling mobo price and that is just not nice.


Z75 should be a bit cheaper, but you can get an entry level Z77 pretty cheaply. It won't be the best for overclocking, but it will at least be able to.
m
0
l
October 12, 2012 11:59:31 PM

Thank you kind sir :) 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 137 V Motherboard
October 13, 2012 12:19:59 AM

eodeo said:
Thank you kind sir :) 


You're welcome. :) 
m
0
l
!