Gskill Ripjaw giving blue error screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc_0053

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
Hi Tom,
I purchased "GSKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB PC3-10666 Dual Channel DDR3 Kit (2 x 4GB)" and I am having difficulties with them.
When I installed the two sticks in the motherboad I get blue error screens in the windows 7 main screen.
I tried plugging one card at a time and had no problems for either sticks (installed 1 card at a time and tested in each memory slot).
The problem lies when they are both place on the motherboard at the same time in slots 1 and 3 (recommended by gigabyte for their motherboard).
Could it be a bad set of memory sticks? The package says they are compatible with z77 boards.

Thank you very much in advance!

PSU: corsair 530
CPU:Intel Quad core I5-3450
Ram: as described above
HDD+SSD (sata 2) in raid mode for intel smart response
MB: Gigabyte z77 d3h

Solution
Try the RAM in different slots other than 1 and 3. Don't worry about breaking Dual Channel Mode because dual channel mode isn't that great anyway.

Also do as rolli said and use MemTest86+ on each stick with the other one out of the board completely during each test.
Try the RAM in different slots other than 1 and 3. Don't worry about breaking Dual Channel Mode because dual channel mode isn't that great anyway.

Also do as rolli said and use MemTest86+ on each stick with the other one out of the board completely during each test.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.