Sign in with
Your question

Choosing Monitors

Last response: in Systems
June 24, 2011 7:06:37 PM

Guys i m just abt to upgrade my monitor to a brand new 19'' LED just can decide of the
manufactures i must go through :pt1cable:  :??: 
1. Samsung
2. Aoc
3. Lg
Pls help me to decide

More about : choosing monitors

June 24, 2011 7:10:25 PM

More important than manufacturer is your resolution,
I have an LG w2042s and its fine for gaming on,
Samsung I reckon your paying too much for what you get,
and can't comment on Aoc as I've not heard of them before sorry

its down to price, what you like the look of and that it provides a decent resolution basically,
but if you post some model numbers etc, we can suggest which of the selection is 'best'
Moto
m
l
June 24, 2011 7:16:14 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
More important than manufacturer is your resolution,
I have an LG w2042s and its fine for gaming on,
Samsung I reckon your paying too much for what you get,
and can't comment on Aoc as I've not heard of them before sorry

its down to price, what you like the look of and that it provides a decent resolution basically,
but if you post some model numbers etc, we can suggest which of the selection is 'best'
Moto

Well i really dont know a lot abt model no.
but yes samsung always offers a high price :cry: 
well its mainly gonna b used for gaming purpose with a resolution mainly
1600x1200 only sometimes above than that
m
l
Related resources
a c 106 C Monitor
June 24, 2011 10:00:59 PM

If those are the only companies, they're all fine. Samsung is usually higher price, this does not mean better. Aoc is more budget minded, they're still good. Every company has bad models, no one is perfect, I'd recommend giving us the model number if you find a specific one you are looking at, or just google and see the reviews. Here's a breakdown on how to choose a monitor.

Size - You already said 19" but the resolution makes no sense, that's 4:3, no one uses 4:3 anymore, everything is widescreen. At 19" you'd only find 1440x900 or 1600x900, 16:10 and 16:9 respectively. If you were to go bigger, I would suggest a 21" 1920x1080 for 1080p.

Response time - You'd probably find only 5ms, this is fine. Higher models have 2ms but are not necessary.

Contrast - Manufacturers like to make up there own dynamic scale for big numbers which don't matter. But they should also list the standard scale which you should be looking for 1000:1.

Other comments - Make sure it has the connections you want, dvi, probably hdmi. And one more thing you can't tell from spec sheets, is how the colors change depending on where you are viewing the monitor from. Very important.

Hope I didn't forget anything.
m
l
June 25, 2011 3:58:53 AM

Get a LED no matter what, and you will be fine, there is a huge difference between LCD and LED, I can say that cause I own both products.
m
l
!