Looking for a gaming desktop....

nadim615

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
Hello,

Im looking for a gaming desktop, trying to find a good one under $2000. I found good ones from alienware at around $2500-$2800 but I believe that most of that is me paying for brand name, and I would rather save money and get my desktop from somewhere else. If the desktop includes a monitor/keyboard, that would be helpful too, as I only have a laptop right now.... I am looking for something by the end of August/September, so it could even be a pre-order if it comes in by then...

I dont want to build my own, even though it might be cheaper, i have no clue how to and pls dont spam me with youtube tutorials and stuff cuz i just want to avoid that hastle. thx!

Bram24

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Alienware charges an immense amount for upgrades...like hundreds even thousands for memory upgrades that would cost you no more than 150-200 in the marketplace. You are smart to pass on them.

I like what I have read/seen with regard to Falcon Northwest and Maingear from my own recent research (also in market for gaming rig).

Get ready for people to reply to this with a "build your own its cheaper" type response, but if you want to buy to avoid the hastle (like me) I think Falcon & Maingear are good places to start looking.

nadim615

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
Ok, thanks... Yea a lot of ppl have suggested buying the parts myself and doing it like that (apparently its a lot cheaper) but i dont wanna do that cuz i dont have a ******* clue how too... LOL