Jan 13, 2011
Hi my computer specs are as follows

i7 930 @ 4.0ghz, 1.325V
G.Skills Ripjaw 6gb DDR3 Trip Channel @ 1600mhz
Gigabyte x58 motherboard
evga Gtx 570 SCC edition
2x500GB WD caviar black in RAID 0
Corsair ax750 750W psu

I wonder if I buy another 570 do I have enough power to sli two cards together ?

Last time my computer was on 550W psu and it frigging exploded during gaming LOL
I am afraid the same will happen to this psu when i sli two 570 cards together

Solution
If they could explain why so much more power is needed then I'd listen.

Edit: I forgot to mention CT's chart from a different site. While they don't list the SLI numbers for some reason, they do list a single card which is 361W. Add in the 220W for the second card, and you are again at 581W, or around 600W. You need 600W to run the setup, but seeing as no one runs right at the limit of their PSU you should add some more. I think the high quality 750W Corsair that the OP has is enough. I do not think that a Diablotek 1050W unit it enough.

Dude that 578w was with 1 GTX570. Did you even read the article you linked??

GeForce GTX 570 in 2-way SLI

A second card requires you to add another ~225 Watts. You need a 750+ Watt power supply unit if you use it in a high-end system (800+ to a KiloWatt is recommended if you plan on any overclocking).

4745454b

Titan
Just wondering, how do you know its 175W?

I looked at the chart. There is no way a single GTX570 uses 410W. As I mentioned earlier the TDP is around 230, so two of them together would be around 460W. Seeing as this is an sli review, when they say "Subjective obtained GPU power consumption = ~ 410 Watts" then it should be for both cards. (even if the card had two 8pin connectors and drew another 75W from the slot, where does the missing/extra 35W come from?) They also state;

With 2-way SLI we noticed our power consumption for the cards peaked to roughly 410 Watts, that's JUST the two cards, not the entire PC !

410 for the cards or ~600W for the system like I originally stated is correct.

If they are pulling 600W, I have no clue why they say an 800 is recommended. Technically a GOOD 650W could do it, but the Corsair 750 should be fine. He has enough power and connectors, so he should be fine. I vote yes.

By using this power supply calculator http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp and entering overclock speed and voltage.

They didn't say 800, they said 800-1000 if your overclocking ANYTHING. But hey, I'm sure you know more than they do.

4745454b

Titan
If they could explain why so much more power is needed then I'd listen.

Edit: I forgot to mention CT's chart from a different site. While they don't list the SLI numbers for some reason, they do list a single card which is 361W. Add in the 220W for the second card, and you are again at 581W, or around 600W. You need 600W to run the setup, but seeing as no one runs right at the limit of their PSU you should add some more. I think the high quality 750W Corsair that the OP has is enough. I do not think that a Diablotek 1050W unit it enough.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.