Sxga in laptop with native Xga

Jackietools

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
I just ordered a a laptop screen for a Dell D610 14.1 inch screen. I originally had a Xga screen but the seller sent a Sxga instead. I did not realize it was different than the original but it did not work. It had all small vertical lines which I could not get rid of them so he sent me another screen. It's another Sxga and I just realized that both of them are not the correct type and now I have two of them. Any way to get them to work on the laptop even though it originally had the Xga screen. I cannot figure out how to get it to adjust correctly. The laptop has a ATI x300 video card Thanks

Solution
There's nothing to "adjust."

You attach the connectors and if the picture won't display correctly that's because the screen isn't compatible.

Jackietools

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009

Well then I guess thats the answer. I figured that out after 2 tries and some research on my own. Thanks

Jackietools

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
I was kind of hoping there was an inverter you could change or adjust the bios but I was hoping for a work around instead of just giving up. I assume you have dealt with this before. Hopefully I can exchange it