Sign in with
Your question

Gateway LX6810-01

Last response: in Motherboards
June 11, 2012 2:55:26 AM

Hello, I am looking for a MCP7AM01G1 MB.G5409.005. schematic. I need to know where to hook up the power switch to the motherboard.

More about : gateway lx6810

a b V Motherboard
June 11, 2012 3:08:03 AM

Power switch? You mean the power supply?

You connect the power supply to the motherboard via a 20 pin or 24 pin ATX connector. It will be a big, usually white, plug on the edge of the motherboard. Can't miss it. It should be pretty obvious once you start looking, the connector is huge.
June 11, 2012 11:12:41 AM

willard said:
Power switch? You mean the power supply?

You connect the power supply to the motherboard via a 20 pin or 24 pin ATX connector. It will be a big, usually white, plug on the edge of the motherboard. Can't miss it. It should be pretty obvious once you start looking, the connector is huge.

Where do I connect the two pin wire coming from the power switch push botton
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
June 11, 2012 1:37:36 PM

Oh, that. That's a trickier question, and you'll need a copy of the motherboard's manual to find out. If you can't find it via a Google search, I'd recommend calling the manufacturer and asking.

What I can tell you is that there are a couple dozen pins on the bottom right corner of the motherboard where things like that plug in. It may be labeled, but it may not be. Two of those pins are for the power switch, and if they're labeled, they'll say something like PW+ and PW-.
December 17, 2012 2:54:27 AM

ke4tlc said:
Hello, I am looking for a MCP7AM01G1 MB.G5409.005. schematic. I need to know where to hook up the power switch to the motherboard.

If you look at the bottom right corner of the MB you'll see a connector that has two rows of pins.
the power switch goes on pins 3 and 4 from the left on the top row
a b V Motherboard
December 17, 2012 7:32:21 PM

While well intentioned, this thread has been dead for more than half a year. Please only post in active threads.
February 4, 2013 3:49:12 AM

Thanks to this thread I was able to fully restore an old computer that I had laying around, couldn't for the life of me figure out where the power connecter went. So thank you for not deleting this thread.
!