Radeon 5770 not recognized

Hey everyone,

Long story short, I recently RMA'ed my mobo because it wasn't posting anymore (no video output, no beeps, nothing) - I just got it back today, and I installed it and everything is fine except for one thing - my sapphire 5770 isn't recognized so I'm having to use onboard graphics. It doesn't even list my card in device manager or CPUID, only the onboard card. I checked my bios setting, and it is set to use the PCI-E slot first. I checked that the card is secure in the slot. When I turn on the computer the fan and LED work. Before the mobo problem and RMA, everything was working just fine. Finally I tried going into windows 7 hardware troubleshooter to see if it could detect it even plugged in but nothing. Thanks for your help. Here are specs:

mobo: gigabyte MA785GMT-ud2h
cpu: AMD Phenom II X4 965
psu: OCZ 600w modular
2x2gb GSKILL Ripjaw ram
3 answers Last reply
More about radeon 5770 recognized
  1. There is a possibility that your PSU is what killed off your Motherboard and in doing so took out your GPU at the same time. I would start by confirming that your PSU is not putting out bad voltage. If you can try the GPU in another machine.
  2. So the PSU could be bad right now? Even though everything seems to be working fine with onboard video? I don't have another machine to test anything on :( would buying a voltmeter help?
  3. Wamphryi said:
    There is a possibility that your PSU is what killed off your Motherboard and in doing so took out your GPU at the same time. I would start by confirming that your PSU is not putting out bad voltage. If you can try the GPU in another machine.

is it possible the mobo has a bad pci-e slot, after just getting it back from gigabyte rma?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics