Sign in with
Your question

Radeon 5770 not recognized

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 11, 2011 8:28:19 PM

Hey everyone,

Long story short, I recently RMA'ed my mobo because it wasn't posting anymore (no video output, no beeps, nothing) - I just got it back today, and I installed it and everything is fine except for one thing - my sapphire 5770 isn't recognized so I'm having to use onboard graphics. It doesn't even list my card in device manager or CPUID, only the onboard card. I checked my bios setting, and it is set to use the PCI-E slot first. I checked that the card is secure in the slot. When I turn on the computer the fan and LED work. Before the mobo problem and RMA, everything was working just fine. Finally I tried going into windows 7 hardware troubleshooter to see if it could detect it even plugged in but nothing. Thanks for your help. Here are specs:

mobo: gigabyte MA785GMT-ud2h
cpu: AMD Phenom II X4 965
psu: OCZ 600w modular
2x2gb GSKILL Ripjaw ram

More about : radeon 5770 recognized

a b U Graphics card
April 11, 2011 9:06:35 PM

There is a possibility that your PSU is what killed off your Motherboard and in doing so took out your GPU at the same time. I would start by confirming that your PSU is not putting out bad voltage. If you can try the GPU in another machine.

April 11, 2011 9:20:45 PM

So the PSU could be bad right now? Even though everything seems to be working fine with onboard video? I don't have another machine to test anything on :(  would buying a voltmeter help?
April 16, 2011 2:53:46 PM

Wamphryi said:
There is a possibility that your PSU is what killed off your Motherboard and in doing so took out your GPU at the same time. I would start by confirming that your PSU is not putting out bad voltage. If you can try the GPU in another machine.

is it possible the mobo has a bad pci-e slot, after just getting it back from gigabyte rma?
!