laptop keeps coming out of standby!!

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
June 17, 2005 3:58:29 PM

I have a Compaq X1000 running Windows XP Home. I have my laptop power
options setup to go into standby everytime I close the lid. Lately
after it powers down it starts to come back out of standby by itself
even when the lid is closed. Obviously something is triggering the Wake
on Lan or something like that. Does anyone know how I can check what
may be causing this to come out of standby on it's own?? Thanks.

More about : laptop coming standby

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 17, 2005 3:58:30 PM

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 11:58:29 GMT, Larry <jrbuck1@earthlink.net> wrote:

>I have a Compaq X1000 running Windows XP Home. I have my laptop power
>options setup to go into standby everytime I close the lid. Lately
>after it powers down it starts to come back out of standby by itself
>even when the lid is closed. Obviously something is triggering the Wake
>on Lan

OK then, can u unplug the LAN cable and tell us for sure?

>or something like that.

If the LAN cable isn't it. Go to BIOS and disable EVERYTHING that can
wake up the machine (yes there is a page that says wakeup events),
just leaving KBD/IRQ1 enabled.
!