Sign in with
Your question

New mode, New problemb ZyXEL PK5000z

Last response: in Wireless Networking
December 14, 2010 9:55:08 PM

Where should i start?...
Ok, so about a month ago I switched to quest high speed internet and got a new 7mb dsl connection. Before I was using a Lynksis WRT54GS as my router and everything was working like a dream. The range on the modem I got from quest wasnt large enough so I shutoff the wireless broadcasting for it and plugged in my old router to one of the ethernet ports in the modem. My router Is broadcasting and all of my devices can connect to it and connect to the internet but now my xbox live connection is all messed up and I cant connect to 90% of people, I cant find matches in some games matchmaking. So with all of this Iv'e determined that the problem probably has to do with the modem but I dont know what do to do or where to start. The modem is a ZyXEL PK5000z. If anyone could offer any assistance I would appreciate it.
December 14, 2010 11:13:36 PM

can you connect the linksys' WAN port to the PK5000z, assign a static IP to the linksys 192.168.0.10, and put that IP into the PK5000z DMZ?
December 15, 2010 12:02:29 AM

Emerald said:
can you connect the linksys' WAN port to the PK5000z, assign a static IP to the linksys 192.168.0.10, and put that IP into the PK5000z DMZ?
How do i assign a static IP adress to the lynksys router I can put it in the DMZ once i figure this out.
Related resources
December 15, 2010 4:54:35 AM

log into the linksys and change the Internet Connection Type from Automatic Connection DHCP to Static IP. Assign the

IP: 192.168.0.10
netmask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.0.1
DNS1: 206.13.29.12
DNS2: 206.13.30.12

September 2, 2012 7:59:40 PM

pureflipper said:
Where should i start?...
Ok, so about a month ago I switched to quest high speed internet and got a new 7mb dsl connection. Before I was using a Lynksis WRT54GS as my router and everything was working like a dream. The range on the modem I got from quest wasnt large enough so I shutoff the wireless broadcasting for it and plugged in my old router to one of the ethernet ports in the modem. My router Is broadcasting and all of my devices can connect to it and connect to the internet but now my xbox live connection is all messed up and I cant connect to 90% of people, I cant find matches in some games matchmaking. So with all of this Iv'e determined that the problem probably has to do with the modem but I dont know what do to do or where to start. The modem is a ZyXEL PK5000z. If anyone could offer any assistance I would appreciate it.

What I would do is remove the current modem and replac it with anything else that you figure should be fine. Then connect your router that "worked like a dream". Chances are this will resolve your issue. Second, why the hell would you switch to Quest or Century Link??? This was a mistake that you should remember so you do not repeat it in the future. Good luck and Good day
!