Sign in with
Your question

Need 1200 Gaming Computer

Last response: in Systems
June 24, 2011 10:42:51 PM

Hello,
What Im looking for is a ****** gaming great computer for 1200 (and maybe $50 over). It needs to be able to run Crysis 2 and Eve Online. I want the CPU to be The intel I5-2500K with an EVGA Gpu. The rest is up to you. Below is an idea i have for a setup what Im wondering if the psu is sufficient or if it is bottlenecking anywhere.

Intel Core I5-2500K
Corsair Veangeace 4GB (2X2GB)
EVGA GeForce GTX 580
Lite-On DVD Burner
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
ASUS P8P67 (REV 3)
Cooler Master Hyper+
Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2
NZXT Phantom

More about : 1200 gaming computer

June 24, 2011 11:40:13 PM

Good build, are you planning on SLI later? And Thumbs up on the RAM Vengeance is my favorite!
m
l
Related resources
June 25, 2011 12:15:48 AM

nice find on those combos ;) 
m
l
June 25, 2011 2:49:11 AM

Thx people, now back to the drawing board :) 
m
l
January 8, 2012 6:34:34 AM

So I just bought the ASUS P8P67 (REV 3) motherboard and I seem to be having a problem with RAM compatibility. I have tried two different RAMs both I get a blue screen. After the first RAM I looked through the manual and noticed there is a list of compatible RAM of which both RAMs were not on the list. My question is the RAM MercRuzyho had picked out also does not appear to be on the list of RAMs, so it would not work correct? I don't recall ever seeing a list of compatible ram for motherboards. Just speed and type of RAM, if those match I thought it should work.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
January 8, 2012 6:39:59 AM

You might wanna check what speed of RAM the MOBO supports.
m
l
January 8, 2012 2:58:49 PM

Tatanis said:
So I just bought the ASUS P8P67 (REV 3) motherboard and I seem to be having a problem with RAM compatibility. I have tried two different RAMs both I get a blue screen. After the first RAM I looked through the manual and noticed there is a list of compatible RAM of which both RAMs were not on the list. My question is the RAM MercRuzyho had picked out also does not appear to be on the list of RAMs, so it would not work correct? I don't recall ever seeing a list of compatible ram for motherboards. Just speed and type of RAM, if those match I thought it should work.

azeem40 said:
You might wanna check what speed of RAM the MOBO supports.

I did. There is a list. A small and specific list. I was noticing that the Corsair Vengance RAM is NOT on the list. Anyways I will try a RAM on the list and see what result I get.
m
l
January 8, 2012 4:08:11 PM

The P8P67 doesn't support SLI. At least I really thought that. Hmmm.... Are you SLI'ing?
I find the heatsinks on the RAM annoying, as they don't really serve a purpose anymore.
m
l
January 8, 2012 7:34:44 PM

ya the heatsinks are weird and no I am not SLIing
m
l
January 8, 2012 9:46:09 PM

If your not SLI'ing-ever, that is a great mobo.
m
l
!