Where should i put my Radiator

Precision690FAN

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
Hello i just added the Corsair H50 Water cooler in my computer and was wondering where i should put the radiator.

Right now the Fan config in my case (coolermaster HAF X 942) is:
230mm in front pulling in air
200mm on side pulling in air
200mm X2 on top pushing air out
and 120mm pushing out in the rear.

the radiator is where the 120mm fan is pushing out. It has a push pull config

Ive heard people say i should have air from outside blowing through the radiator inside the case.
Now the question I have is this, should i turn the rear fan to a 120mm pulling into the computer or will it not matter much.

thank-you

lack60647

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012

Is it safe to place the radiator on top of the case or does it have to be place in the back for better performance? reason I ask is because i am unable to place the radiator in the back it is a much better fit on top but I am worried that this will cause the water pump to over work itself any suggestions??? thanks

Petrofsky

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008

On top is fine. The pump will be OK. The water is a closed loop, and the work the pump would have to do to push it up it already gets back from gravity on the way down. I think. Any physicists here?

bangerdx

Reputable
May 7, 2014

Not looking to be smart-a***ed or anything, but when it goes through the block, it usually dosen't have enough inertia to come back up, unless you have a very, very high psi or very viscous fluid. Viscous fluid would have a higher density than plain water.

TRENDING THREADS