Sign in with
Your question

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 v.s ASRock Z77 Extreme6

Last response: in Motherboards
June 11, 2012 5:52:40 AM

i would like to know if i should go wit the extreme4 instead of the extreme6.\
i notice the extreme6 has a few more ports on the I/O, one less PCI Express x1 and
a SLI/XFire power connector. what is that power connecter for? does it mean the extreme4
dont support crossfire.

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

ASRock Z77 Extreme6 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
a b V Motherboard
June 11, 2012 8:22:18 AM

I'm sure I responded in a thread like this before but I can not find that one.

Anyway, the Extreme 4 support SLI & Crossfire. The SLI thing is not a power connector. It is a bridge used when using 2 nVidia cards. Even if the extreme 4 does not have CF bridge, it does not mean it does not support CF. Many AMD graphics card are bundled with CF Bridge but not all so put this into consideration of which AMD graphics card to purchase if you want to go Crossfire.
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
June 11, 2012 8:45:34 AM

Z77 Extreme6 has extra...

Front USB 3.0 Panel

Rear USB 3.0 Bracket
m
l
July 3, 2012 8:53:24 AM

extreme6 only includes an extra pcie 2.0 (only x4) slot on board. Though the extreme4 is one inch less wide than normal boards, thus most of the time hanging off the mobo brackets in your case. The only thing I like better about the extreme6 board is the slightly upgraded heatsink, and normal ATX board size. I had to make this decision last week and chose the Extreme4, the price difference between the two does not warrent the little extra the Extreme6 has, my Extreme4 has been running great so far and my board hasnt reached about 43 C, so the heatsink isnt really an issue anyway. Just be careful on applying too much rpessure on the right side of the board after it is already installed, whichshouldnt be a problem anyway. plus the extreme4 posts a little faster on all benchmarks.
m
l
!