Closed Solved

Loud Noise

I'm not sure if this is normal but every time I restart my computer my computer makes a loud noise, then after windows start it goes back to normal. Im 100% sure the loud noise is coming from the fan going at full blast as soon as the computer starts, then it settles down (lower sounds) speed when windows start. If this is normal I am fine with it, but if it is not, did I do something with my PC that changed it? It is quite weird.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about loud noise
  1. its pretty normal. I think its to test to see if the computer fan and the case fans are working
  2. dudewitbow said:
    its pretty normal. I think its to test to see if the computer fan and the case fans are working

Oh okay, Im just saying its weird because it never usually do that. I reformatted the computer and it became like this =/.
  3. just googled it. the reason why it spins on max rpm because it is waiting for the OS to take over the fan speed control.
  4. dudewitbow said:
    just googled it. the reason why it spins on max rpm because it is waiting for the OS to take over the fan speed control.

is there a way for the os to take over the fan speed control in the start of the restart instead of when windows start?
  5. Best answer
    not that i know of. at start it is running of the bios
  6. Best answer selected by itzzjack.
  7. Thanks for the explanation.
  8. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Foxconn Computer Fan Motherboards