Sign in with
Your question

Upgrade HP Pavillion dv6-6135dx to Windows 8

Last response: in Windows 8
January 13, 2013 7:18:20 PM

Hello I tried to upgrade my laptop to Windows 8 a while back but I kept crashing all the time. Just wondering if anyone has successfully installed Windows 8 with all the correct drivers yet?
a b \ Driver
a c 249 D Laptop
a b α HP
a b * Windows 8
January 13, 2013 7:29:44 PM

You DID check first ?
m
l
January 15, 2013 10:03:32 PM

Yes I am unable to find anything on multiple forums of people being successful.
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
a b * Windows 8
January 15, 2013 11:30:46 PM

ok, if there is no drivers, why are you installing windows 8?
m
l
January 15, 2013 11:45:58 PM

Weird, you don't need to install drivers. You need to update them. Since Win 7, and now we're on 8, drivers are automatically installed or yet automatically available for you so you'll save time and do other things.

Go google for drivers for your laptop.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a c 249 D Laptop
a b α HP
a b * Windows 8
January 16, 2013 12:01:34 AM

k_z199 said:
Weird, you don't need to install drivers. You need to update them. Since Win 7, and now we're on 8, drivers are automatically installed or yet automatically available for you so you'll save time and do other things.

Go google for drivers for your laptop.

Hi :) 

Don't believe the hype about 8...it STILL NEEDS drivers and for some hardware THERE ARE NONE WRITTEN...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
January 16, 2013 12:37:03 AM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

Don't believe the hype about 8...it STILL NEEDS drivers and for some hardware THERE ARE NONE WRITTEN...

All the best Brett :) 

Well, I did actually believe the hype but thanks for reminding me. :D  Though it worked for me for some reason it repaired itself once and then WALAH! Like Magic I was able to use it again. Though I really treat the installation of drivers on my desktop as a precautionary setting just to say its safe to use. Hahaha
m
l
!