A wish for the Nintendo DS

I wish the Nintendo DS can be used with the GameCube the same way the
Nintendo Gameboy Advance(SP) can. I understand that the DS uses wireless
communication and does not have the GBA connection, but I believe this can
be achieved via a wireless device attached to the port on the Gamecube the
same way a game controller can be wireless. I hope this becomes a reality.
4 answers Last reply
More about nintendo

    > I wish the Nintendo DS can be used with the GameCube the same way the
    > Nintendo Gameboy Advance(SP) can. I understand that the DS uses wireless
    > communication and does not have the GBA connection, but I believe this can
    > be achieved via a wireless device attached to the port on the Gamecube the
    > same way a game controller can be wireless. I hope this becomes a
    reality.

    How would current GBA games. already coded to use a Link port, be able to
    utilize the DS's built-in 802.11?

    I think connectivity with the DS and the GC could be achieved, but I'd like
    for such connectivity to work with past GBA games. I

    A solution for past GBA games may be for cart hardware that gives a Link
    port. Could possibily even make it wireless by such hardware emulating a
    Link but actually wireless (perhaps infrared, to keep cost down). On the
    GC side, the port would have a hardware device capable of working with both
    the above hardware (for GBA) and the DS's internal 802.11 for future DS
    games.

    Mynewsreader wrote:
    > I wish the Nintendo DS can be used with the GameCube the same way the
    > Nintendo Gameboy Advance(SP) can. I understand that the DS uses
    > wireless communication and does not have the GBA connection, but I
    > believe this can be achieved via a wireless device attached to the
    > port on the Gamecube the same way a game controller can be wireless.
    > I hope this becomes a reality.

    I agree. That's why the connection between the SP and the GameCube was
    pointless... it had to be wired and my family uses nothing but Wavebirds!
    Who wants to play a game that requires me to be wired again?

    They need to make DS/GameCube combined games wireless...

    Multiplayer features on GBA games cannot be used on the DS. It stinks, but
    I am glad I didn't get rid of my SP.

    AceoHearts

    "Mynewsreader" <Do Not Replay to mynewsreader@verizon.net> schreef in
    bericht news:xOmqd.499$nq6.301@trndny09...
    >I wish the Nintendo DS can be used with the GameCube the same way the
    >Nintendo Gameboy Advance(SP) can. I understand that the DS uses wireless
    >communication and does not have the GBA connection, but I believe this can
    >be achieved via a wireless device attached to the port on the Gamecube the
    >same way a game controller can be wireless. I hope this becomes a reality.

    It is more likely the DS will be able to communicate with the Revolution
    (the successor to the Gamecube) rather than last mentioned console.

Console Gaming Wireless Gameboy Nintendo Video Games