A wish for the Nintendo DS

Last response: in Video Games
a b F Wireless
November 28, 2004 7:13:17 PM

I wish the Nintendo DS can be used with the GameCube the same way the
Nintendo Gameboy Advance(SP) can. I understand that the DS uses wireless
communication and does not have the GBA connection, but I believe this can
be achieved via a wireless device attached to the port on the Gamecube the
same way a game controller can be wireless. I hope this becomes a reality.

More about : nintendo

November 28, 2004 9:37:33 PM

> I wish the Nintendo DS can be used with the GameCube the same way the
> Nintendo Gameboy Advance(SP) can. I understand that the DS uses wireless
> communication and does not have the GBA connection, but I believe this can
> be achieved via a wireless device attached to the port on the Gamecube the
> same way a game controller can be wireless. I hope this becomes a
reality.

How would current GBA games. already coded to use a Link port, be able to
utilize the DS's built-in 802.11?

I think connectivity with the DS and the GC could be achieved, but I'd like
for such connectivity to work with past GBA games. I

A solution for past GBA games may be for cart hardware that gives a Link
port. Could possibily even make it wireless by such hardware emulating a
Link but actually wireless (perhaps infrared, to keep cost down). On the
GC side, the port would have a hardware device capable of working with both
the above hardware (for GBA) and the DS's internal 802.11 for future DS
games.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
November 29, 2004 2:34:39 AM

Mynewsreader wrote:
> I wish the Nintendo DS can be used with the GameCube the same way the
> Nintendo Gameboy Advance(SP) can. I understand that the DS uses
> wireless communication and does not have the GBA connection, but I
> believe this can be achieved via a wireless device attached to the
> port on the Gamecube the same way a game controller can be wireless.
> I hope this becomes a reality.

I agree. That's why the connection between the SP and the GameCube was
pointless... it had to be wired and my family uses nothing but Wavebirds!
Who wants to play a game that requires me to be wired again?

They need to make DS/GameCube combined games wireless...
a b F Wireless
November 29, 2004 3:12:21 PM

Multiplayer features on GBA games cannot be used on the DS. It stinks, but
I am glad I didn't get rid of my SP.

AceoHearts
December 12, 2004 8:23:56 PM

"Mynewsreader" <Do Not Replay to mynewsreader@verizon.net> schreef in
bericht news:xOmqd.499$nq6.301@trndny09...
>I wish the Nintendo DS can be used with the GameCube the same way the
>Nintendo Gameboy Advance(SP) can. I understand that the DS uses wireless
>communication and does not have the GBA connection, but I believe this can
>be achieved via a wireless device attached to the port on the Gamecube the
>same way a game controller can be wireless. I hope this becomes a reality.

It is more likely the DS will be able to communicate with the Revolution
(the successor to the Gamecube) rather than last mentioned console.
!