Restarts as Windows loads

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
I have a computer which will run the windows splash screen, then go black and restart between that and the loading bar. It's Windows 7, the computer was made by me. It worked for a month, then would restart after windows opened, now consistently restarts as stated above. This is a list of the parts that work 100%
PSU,
RAM,
Hard Drive, (including the OS data)
Case.

legendkiller

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011
Is it some kind of BSOD or it just restart? Check your reset button because it may got something stuck inside which nothing should LOL... BTW, There's a chance it may be a virus, plug your HDD into another computer and start it and see if it restart, if so it's a virus or system error on it(Windows 7 System Files)... OR get another HDD and install Windows 7 into it and see if it restart but if it restart in the middle of the installation, it's a hardware problem...

EDIT: It could be a hardware Overheating - Most likely CPU but im not sure if it's an overheating problem, please reseat your heatsink on the cpu..

legendkiller

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011
PSU is sure not the problem, if it is, it wouldn't boot(turn on but no boot/signal) nor start(not turn on)... Memory may be the problem, to test it out, down a memtest86 installer and install it into a mp3 player or usb drive which should work as my MP3 did... Google the step on how to install memtest86 onto the USB..

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
As I said, the PSU and the Hard Drive, including the OS are working fine. I underclocked the processor and that did not help either. I tested all hardware on another computer aside from motherboard and processor.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
The specs are as follows.
Antec 550w PSU
G. Skill 2x4 GB 1600 RAM
i5 2400k CPU @ 1.35v, 3.8GH
P8P67 EVO Motherboard.
6950 2gb unlocked to 6970.
F3 1TB HDD

Consistently restarts at the exact same point. When booting from disk, will restart at exact same point as well, which is before any options are available.

TRENDING THREADS