Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Motherboard green light glows little and computer does not start

Last response: in Motherboards
June 11, 2012 10:31:57 AM

My motherboard's green led light glows little and computer does not start. when i just hit the motherboard two three times from outside the cabinet then light glows more and computer starts. Computer also turned off automatically at any time and green light glows little. That means when green light glows more, computer runs ok and when glows little computer turned off or not started. What should i do. need some suggestion urgent.

Best solution

a c 116 Ĉ ASUS
a c 462 V Motherboard
June 11, 2012 10:57:22 AM

donraza007 said:
My motherboard's green led light glows little and computer does not start. when i just hit the motherboard two three times from outside the cabinet then light glows more and computer starts. Computer also turned off automatically at any time and green light glows little. That means when green light glows more, computer runs ok and when glows little computer turned off or not started. What should i do. need some suggestion urgent.

your pc telling you to stop hitting it...check that the mb is not moving on the stand off and short out with the power supply off.
also check that you did not drop a screw inside the pc and it shorting out..as you wack your pc your moving the screw. if it not that then you may have a bad part in your power supply...old cap that going bad. ask someone if they have a spare power supply you can use for testing.
June 11, 2012 11:15:35 AM

Actually i am not familiar with hardware components. so please elaborate me about "mb is not moving on the stand off" means. What is the use of screw.
Score
Related resources
a c 116 Ĉ ASUS
a c 462 V Motherboard
June 11, 2012 12:44:31 PM

motherboard has 6-9 brass screws that it sits on top off.if it not sitting right the mb can slid and short out. the power supply is what powers the pc. if it fails your mb wont power on.
Score
June 12, 2012 10:19:49 AM

Thanx for your co-operation. I think i have the screw problem. As you advised, i checked screws in mb and i found 2 screws were not there. so i just removed a screw from center and set at the corner. pc is working fine. i am not sure it will work for all the time. but for today it is working till i left home. What should i do, still i have 2 screws left. And also i want to say my pc generating current when i touch somewhere, pendrive slot.
Score
June 12, 2012 10:27:37 AM

Make sure the outlet is grounded . With the three pronged plug..
Score
June 22, 2012 7:48:49 AM

Best answer selected by donraza007.
Score
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 328 V Motherboard
June 22, 2012 2:08:52 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!