Sign in with
Your question

Good brand for 27 inch display LED?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 12, 2011 5:56:47 AM

Hi.

I have a 22 inch Samsung lcd monitor right now, but am looking to go to maybe a 25 or 27 inch LED. Any good brands or brands to avoid? I thought Samsung is one of the better brands?

How is Hanspree .... junk??

thanks
a c 363 U Graphics card
a b Ô Samsung
April 12, 2011 9:46:06 AM

Hanspree, Hanns-G and I-Inc are are crap. Basically, the worst brands to buy.
m
l
April 12, 2011 9:49:36 AM

jaguarskx said:
Hanspree, Hanns-G and I-Inc are are crap. Basically, the worst brands to buy.

Yeah, that's what I thought! What are the good brands? Samsung??
m
l
Related resources
a c 363 U Graphics card
a b Ô Samsung
April 12, 2011 9:57:39 AM

Generally, good brands are:
Samsung, NEC, HP, Dell, Viewsonic, LG

Good value brands are:
Acer, Asus, Sceptre

But it also depends on the monitor model, some are worse than others.

m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b Ô Samsung
April 12, 2011 4:23:30 PM

Agree with jaguarskx on brands.

The best advise, if posible go to a store like Bestbuy and Look at what you want to buy, then buy from newegg. If Close to microcenter - even better place to check.

I have two samsungs
First one I bought was their 24 in with built in tuner.
Great monitor, in addition to Computer also had a DVD recorder with cable TV input connected. One of the things I liked was that it had a resolution of 1920 x 1200 and was a 16:10 ratio vs the norm of 16:9.

Then Bought a Samsung P2700HD (16:9, 1920 x 1080). Again Tuner built in so have:
(1) Computer connected
(2) a 2nd DVD recorder (Cable Input), This one will record Dual larer disk, up to 6+ Hrs.
(3) A flat panel Ant.

Display quality was better on the 24 in Samsung. Not a gamer so can not verify Game quality. But Blu-ray look good on both.

You did not indicate a price range. You asked about Hanspree, so I'm guessing not that high.
While various factors afect the price such as response time, veiwing angle, number of inputs ect (and you do get what you pay for), on of the biggest cost factors is the panel itself.
Most common, and cheapest is the TN - and generally the lower the cost, the lower the quality of the panel of the TN panel, not all are created equal..
The more expensive, ie 800+ use a S-IPS panel.
See: http://www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides/lcd-panel-types.ph...
m
l
April 13, 2011 4:58:27 AM

RetiredChief said:
Agree with jaguarskx on brands.

The best advise, if posible go to a store like Bestbuy and Look at what you want to buy, then buy from newegg. If Close to microcenter - even better place to check.

I have two samsungs
First one I bought was their 24 in with built in tuner.
Great monitor, in addition to Computer also had a DVD recorder with cable TV input connected. One of the things I liked was that it had a resolution of 1920 x 1200 and was a 16:10 ratio vs the norm of 16:9.

Then Bought a Samsung P2700HD (16:9, 1920 x 1080). Again Tuner built in so have:
(1) Computer connected
(2) a 2nd DVD recorder (Cable Input), This one will record Dual larer disk, up to 6+ Hrs.
(3) A flat panel Ant.

Display quality was better on the 24 in Samsung. Not a gamer so can not verify Game quality. But Blu-ray look good on both.

You did not indicate a price range. You asked about Hanspree, so I'm guessing not that high.
While various factors afect the price such as response time, veiwing angle, number of inputs ect (and you do get what you pay for), on of the biggest cost factors is the panel itself.
Most common, and cheapest is the TN - and generally the lower the cost, the lower the quality of the panel of the TN panel, not all are created equal..
The more expensive, ie 800+ use a S-IPS panel.
See: http://www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides/lcd-panel-types.ph...

Is LED worth it? I think it looks more clear. I would like to spend up to maybe $250-300.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b Ô Samsung
April 13, 2011 1:15:23 PM

Yes, Using LEDs for the Backlight improves the TN panels, primarily the contrast ratio.
Again LED/LCD panels are not all equal. Reson I recommend that if possible you try to see the monitor and judge for yourself. Not always posible, you can try to find reviews of the monitor, but as this is subjective to a degee, take with a grain of salt.
m
l
April 13, 2011 4:26:23 PM

if money is not a option then dell is your best bet. but the best bang for the buck is samsung. i have dual 27" and LOVE them.
m
l
!