Solved

Will an athlon x2 265 bottleneck a HD 5770

Hello,
basically the question is the title. I ask because this is what the computer I currently have is running. I do also have the GPU overclocked if that makes a difference:
Clock speed is 950MHz
memory clock is 1300MHz
fan (which doesnt matter)is 75%

Thanks for the help and input =D
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will athlon bottleneck 5770
  1. What resolution do you use?
  2. Without knowing the resolution we don't know how hard your working the GPU, hard to determine a bottleneck. Most games will run well, but that dual core is going to struggle pulling smooth frame rates in some quad core optimized games like Bad Company 2 or GTA 4.
  3. Best answer
    some games yes, some games no,, it is a pretty balanced solution,, more cores always nicer, however if that's what you have, you will be fine with that combo,,
    I have a triple core 445 paired up with a 460GTX, it does not bottleneck the GPU at all or at least not appear to and the 460 is much more powerful than a 5770 and I moved up from a 6000+ CPU (3.0 GHZ dual) and other than the encoding and multitasking,, i don't personally notice a HUGE difference from the 445,,
  4. the res is full HD 1080p
  5. a 5770 will have a bit of difficulty gaming at 1080p even with a high end CPU,, may wanna back it down to 720p,,, even on a 1080 panel flatscreen, it will look fine.
  6. loneninja said:
    Most games will run well, but that dual core is going to struggle pulling smooth frame rates in some quad core optimized games like Bad Company 2 or GTA 4.

GTA IV is more like a poorly ported console game which you need a quad core CPU to make for the fact that it is a poorly optimized game for the PC in order for the game to run decently.
  7. Best answer selected by nubbinyou.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Bottleneck HD