Sign in with
Your question

Limited or no connectivity on desktop

Last response: in Networking
September 5, 2010 5:06:58 PM

Hello,
I have sky broadband. It worked fine connected via ethernet to my desktop pc. I recently installed a new motherboard M3N-HT Deluxe mempipe. It all went in fine and works, i installed the drivers and connected the ethernet to it, and get the message Limited or no connectivity!!!!! I have tried things i have found on google to try and solve this problem.
Any help would be much appreciated
Anonymous
September 5, 2010 6:03:04 PM

Check TCP/IP Properties.

Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.
September 5, 2010 6:09:32 PM

Another thing that could be is that SKY Broadband is checking for your MAC address of your NIC. Call them and ask them if they could help you.
Related resources
Anonymous
September 5, 2010 6:12:02 PM

Emerald said:
Another thing that could be is that SKY Broadband is checking for your MAC address of your NIC. Call them and ask them if they could help you.

That's news to me.

Might be worth asking on www.skyuser.co.uk which is the independent site for all things Sky.
September 5, 2010 6:23:32 PM

Check TCP/IP Properties.

Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.

I have checked the above and they are set to obtain it qutomatically.

I have yet to swap the motherbord back to the old one and try it. Im guessing though that it will work fine. Just strange, i have had sky BB since it first came out and have the original router.

Could it be anything to do with the chipset drivers for the motherboard?
Anonymous
September 5, 2010 6:48:53 PM

Check Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager and see if there are problems with the Networking hardware.
September 5, 2010 7:24:35 PM

Have checked the networking hardware and all state they are working correctly.

Does that mean the motherboard is fine? Any other ideas its really frustrating me.
!