Shut Down upon enabling SLI

prophet2

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2011
Hi, when i go to the Nvidia Control Panel to enable SLI and when i click apply, it would start to apply the changes and suddenly my computer just shut down. I tried all the drivers, even the beta versions and there is no problem with the temps. GPU bios 70.24.11.00.00
My Rig
Intel Core i7-950
Gigabyte G1-Sniper Motherboard
6GB Corsair RAM 1600mhz
2x MSI Nvidia GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr OC edition (Both plugged into x16 slots)
Seasonic 850W (70A)

The SLi bridge on my cards have always been able to go on either way round.

@OP, if the bridge is faulty it could be the cause of your problem so try to enable SLi without the bridge fitted.

Wamphryi

Distinguished
Well I can only really comment on my own experience with the SLI Bridge and in my case my system failed with the Bridge connector going one way and worked when I turned the Bridge around. Perhaps it is dependent on the Motherboard and the not GPU's. It may be that the Bridge determines what card is considered number 1 on the food chain and the number one card had to be in the top slot.

The important thing is that it is very easy to eliminate the potential issue by simply trying the Bridge the other way around.

I've seen posts from people that had a faulty bridge that would only work in one particular orientation so maybe you had a bad bridge.