Sign in with
Your question

Bluetooth and KVM switches, is there an adpater that will stay paired?

Last response: in Windows 7
December 9, 2011 4:03:56 PM

I recently switched from a mouse to a Bluetooth trackpad (Apple Magic Trackpad) due to severe wrist pain.

I do computer repair work and use a KVM switch to connect my keyboard, monitor and mouse to the system's I am working on.

Are there any bluetooth adapters that can pair with a blue tooth adapter than just work with whatever computer its plugged in to?

December 9, 2011 8:19:15 PM

Yes I would need a blue tooth transceiver, but I'd need one that once paired would work without installing drivers like any other USB input device.

Having to install drivers would be a deal breaker, especially when using a boot cd to work with partitions or disc images.

If someone has a blue tooth adapter that just works when they plug it into a new computer, please let me know the model.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b $ Windows 7
December 9, 2011 8:43:28 PM

Well AFAIK, that's not possible (due to how Bluetooth is handled in the OS).

Maybe there is something out there that can do that? If so please chime in and point Codesmith in the right direction.
m
l
December 9, 2011 9:34:35 PM

If a blue tooth adapter works before windows loads and can be used to access BIOS/CMOS setup, then it would likely suit my purposes.

m
l
December 18, 2011 7:02:29 PM

I did a lot of searching and am giving up. The closest solution I've found was a KVM switch with built in bluetooth, unfortunately its real crappy (very poor video quality) and gets horrible reviews. I'm using a usb trackball mouse for repair work, if that fails I can buy a usb wireless trackpad from logitech.
m
l
!