Bluetooth and KVM switches, is there an adpater that will stay paired?

Codesmith

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
I recently switched from a mouse to a Bluetooth trackpad (Apple Magic Trackpad) due to severe wrist pain.

I do computer repair work and use a KVM switch to connect my keyboard, monitor and mouse to the system's I am working on.

Are there any bluetooth adapters that can pair with a blue tooth adapter than just work with whatever computer its plugged in to?

Codesmith

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
Yes I would need a blue tooth transceiver, but I'd need one that once paired would work without installing drivers like any other USB input device.

Having to install drivers would be a deal breaker, especially when using a boot cd to work with partitions or disc images.

If someone has a blue tooth adapter that just works when they plug it into a new computer, please let me know the model.

Codesmith

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
I did a lot of searching and am giving up. The closest solution I've found was a KVM switch with built in bluetooth, unfortunately its real crappy (very poor video quality) and gets horrible reviews. I'm using a usb trackball mouse for repair work, if that fails I can buy a usb wireless trackpad from logitech.