Building new system. Optimal combination/selection?

niklasbrock

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Here is my build so far:
http://www.komplett.dk/k/shoplist.a...41879&su=D65758ED-E9D9-479C-A40E-6D5A89A301C5
(Note: I haven't bought anything yet. The purpose of this thread is to check with you, if you think i have chosen the optimal combination of hardware)

The website is danish, since I am from Denmark. However, understanding it shouldn't be a problem.

Do you think this is a good build for an enthusiast gamer?
Note: I am going to buy a cpu cooler later (a couple of weeks after I have built the system) so comments about which one would be a good choice are much appreciated. I am looking for a solid 4Ghz overclock.

Thank you all in advance!

Sincerely
Niklas Brock

striker410

Distinguished
Everything looks good! I have only a few suggestions.

-Substitute the motherboard for one from the Gigabyte Z68x line. Much cheaper, just as good.
-Get an OCZ Agility 3 SSD. They are much faster than the M4's, but cost the same.
-If they have the Spinpoint F3 HDD over there, get it. It's faster/cheaper.

This is an optional note, but a modular power supply would be nice. And you only really need 750w. Check out the Corsair 750HX. May be in your budget.

No glaring issues really, good job!

niklasbrock

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011

Thank you for your reply!

I must say that i like the Asus Motherboard because of the Software, and AI overclocking. I am not a very experienced overclocker (though i know it's not hard to learn). I have always been a fan of Asus, and i can afford the extra cost.

The "60 GB OCZ Agility 3 Series SSD" is 20 dollars more than the "Crucial m4 SSD 64GB". So i should go for the OCZ?

There are no better HDD available in Denmark.

I will look into the power supply, thank you for noting it.