Noisy Graphics card

n9500gt

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
Hi my graphics card makes a lot of noise. not really sure whats the cause of it but the sound is there since i bought it brand new. Is it the fan or what and is there a solution.

Heres the graphics card:
Axle nvidia 9500GT 1 GIG

If it's been there since you bought it, it's probably just a shitty noisy fan. Possibly the bearing is broken or something.

You can try finding and aftermarket GPU cooler for it, otherwise maybe it's time to upgrade from that old hardware.

l would not spend any money on that old card. I'd invest in a newer card before you replace the fan.

You do have another option to do first. If that card has been sitting in your system for years, the heat sink is probably clogged with dust bunnies preventing air flow. This causes the system to turn the fan to a higher speed to attempt to cool it off, which causes more noise. If you had some compressed air, you could shoot it through the heat sink and attempt to clear it of dust.

^Yeah but he said it was noisy ever since he bought it. But yeah I agree, trying to clean it out would be a good first step.

You can't get just a fan, you have to buy a whole heat sink. The thing is, even the cheap ones are about as much as a new low end GPU that will still be better than your 9500GT.