Sign in with
Your question

Asus p8z77 wont boot past bios prompt, stuck in a continuous loop HELP

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 11, 2012 11:06:45 PM

Hey guys,
I have an Asus p8z78-v pro motherboard i just recieved put it all together all works fine, the bios prompt appears but doesn't start to boot into windows, when getting to that part it just restarts and continually loops, can anyone help me!?

I did a fresh install of windows 7 it rebooted automatically to allow for updates etc and whilst installing the drivers, i went and ate dinner whilst all this was going on, when I got back I did a manual restart and now its once again stuck on this loop, boot up bios prompt beep and restart. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP!
a b V Motherboard
June 12, 2012 1:28:12 AM

When requesting help it's a good idea to list all your computer specs so that compatibility issues can be ruled out first. Is this an all new system or an add-on to an existing one?
November 17, 2012 2:00:55 PM

Did you ever get this problem solved? I am experiencing exactly the same problem. My setup initially booted up fine and ran for several months before a blue screen and now will just flash the ASUS logo briefly and then a single beep. It repeats this cycle every second or so. I RMA'ed the motherboard and replaced the PSU. Same problem with replacement motherboard installed.
November 18, 2012 3:40:09 PM

Have you tried reseating the memory and cpu?
!