Save picture as

green59

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
I have a new computer with windows 7 home premium 64 bit and IE 9 64 bit that was preloaded from acer.Recently while saving some pictures from the web win7/ie9 stopped preforming a certian function. Previously when using the save picture as function after saving the first picture to a folder in a thumb drive when i did the next save picture as, 7/9 would go directly to the folder that the first picture was saved in and all I had to do was click ok.After clicking on the same picture twice 7/9 gave the normal there is already a jpeg file with that name etc... After clicking cancel I can no longer go directly to the folder as before, I have to click the drive icon,subject folder ,sub folder, sub,etc.. .Is there something I can do to get that feature back ? It made things so much quicker and easier.

Can't really picture what's going on here, but why not just rename the file as you are saving it, and save it where the default is? Usually in My Documents or Downloads. Why go though extra steps?

Just make sure it's not saving it in some temp folder.

green59

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011

I am saving to a thumb drive(mass media storage device). Do not wish to save to my documents-my pictures.Reguardless to folder that I'm saving to,when I right click picture and click save picture to instead of going to previous file that was saved to,my library comes up and I have to manualy select drive G (thumb drive),folder,sub folder,sub sub folder etc... instead of it simply giving me the the folder to where I saved the previous picture like it did before where all I had to do was click save or cancel

I am not using IE, but i Chrome or Firefox u can select the location to be default anything that show as a storage, so it will save it there automatically.

I am sure that IE can do that also : )

BTW, Hawkeye22 posted a link ^^^, it didn't help?