Local Area conectio. Cable not conected

Xp user

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
Hello,
Thad's what i get on my PCs. I attempt to open fire fox browser. It reads. Server not found. ????? I'm not computer savvy. Can anyone help I'm using Window's PX

Sometimes as devices age, their ports lose certain functionality. If you have your NIC setup to auto-sense/negotiate its duplex setting, this may be causing an issue. Please try the following.

Step 1 - Change your duplex setting:

* Click Start, select Run, type ncpa.cpl and press OK.
* In the new window, right-click on your Network Connection and select Properties.
* In the new window, press the Configure.. button.
* Select the Advanced tab.
* In this new window, you should see a Property: list. Within this list, look for an item called something similar to Speed & duplex settings (the exact name will vary depending on your manufacturer).
* Select this item (so that it is high-lighted) and then please note down its current Value -- post this value.
* Change the value to one of the following, and then test if your connection improves or not. If it doesn't, try a different value and test -- repeat for each item.
o 100 Mbps Full Duplex
o 100 Mbps Half Duplex
o 10 Mbps Full Duplex
o 10 Mbps Half Duplex
If you do not notice an improvement with any of these settings, you may change it back to its original value (that you noted down).

** If you are using a PCI network adapter, the issue may relate to resources. To resolve this issue, physically move the network adapter to an adjacent PCI slot, and then restart the computer. After you restart the computer, the New Hardware Wizard detects and installs the network adapter. If you do not know how to install the network adapter, contact the computer manufacturer, or see the network adapter documentation. good luck brother