Sign in with
Your question

Unknown problem with components?

Last response: in Motherboards
June 12, 2012 12:36:54 AM

So one night I was playing Arma 2, when my Network Card suddenly stopped working, I actually didn't notice until I lost connection so I checked the network and I saw an X so I immediately went into the software for my network card to see that it apparently ceases to exist. I then restart my computer to find it makes 3 long beeps and 1 short beep and I get no display so I start looking around and come to the conclusion that the bios on my Motherboard is an IBM bios so I turned off the computer and waited for a while. After coming back to it about half an hour later it turns on like it should but I find the same problem persisting where the network card apparantly doesn't exist. I tried reseating the components to find that it didn't give off a bios beep then and its saying there were no output at all, so as my motherboard is still under warranty from the story I bought it from I took it back and after 4 or 5 days they tell me they tested it and theres nothing wrong with it, any suggestions as to what the problem may be (I'll leave the specs below)

Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X EVO SOCKET AM3+
RAM: Corsair XMS 4GBx2
CPU: AMD Bulldozer 8150 3.6GhZ Eight Core
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 550ti
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB Sata 3
PSU: Coolermaster Silent Pro 1000W
Network Card: Edimax EW-7612PIN
a b V Motherboard
June 12, 2012 1:04:51 AM

its an AMI bios actually, have you tried removing it, and trying it in another system, or leaving it out for a boot?
June 12, 2012 1:15:12 AM

Not actually sure how to go about removing the bios never attempted it before not even sure where it's located on the M5A99X. Any suggestions?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b V Motherboard
June 12, 2012 3:03:42 AM

not the bios lol, the network card
June 12, 2012 2:33:57 PM

I haven't tried that yet, still waiting for the motherboard to get back to me shall try that this weekend although I've never had any problems with it before so I just can't see it being that, although you never know.
!