Sign in with
Your question

Unknown problem with components?

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Network Card
Last response: in Motherboards
June 12, 2012 12:36:54 AM

So one night I was playing Arma 2, when my Network Card suddenly stopped working, I actually didn't notice until I lost connection so I checked the network and I saw an X so I immediately went into the software for my network card to see that it apparently ceases to exist. I then restart my computer to find it makes 3 long beeps and 1 short beep and I get no display so I start looking around and come to the conclusion that the bios on my Motherboard is an IBM bios so I turned off the computer and waited for a while. After coming back to it about half an hour later it turns on like it should but I find the same problem persisting where the network card apparantly doesn't exist. I tried reseating the components to find that it didn't give off a bios beep then and its saying there were no output at all, so as my motherboard is still under warranty from the story I bought it from I took it back and after 4 or 5 days they tell me they tested it and theres nothing wrong with it, any suggestions as to what the problem may be (I'll leave the specs below)

Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X EVO SOCKET AM3+
RAM: Corsair XMS 4GBx2
CPU: AMD Bulldozer 8150 3.6GhZ Eight Core
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 550ti
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB Sata 3
PSU: Coolermaster Silent Pro 1000W
Network Card: Edimax EW-7612PIN

More about : unknown problem components

a b V Motherboard
June 12, 2012 1:04:51 AM

its an AMI bios actually, have you tried removing it, and trying it in another system, or leaving it out for a boot?
June 12, 2012 1:15:12 AM

Not actually sure how to go about removing the bios never attempted it before not even sure where it's located on the M5A99X. Any suggestions?
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
June 12, 2012 3:03:42 AM

not the bios lol, the network card
June 12, 2012 2:33:57 PM

I haven't tried that yet, still waiting for the motherboard to get back to me shall try that this weekend although I've never had any problems with it before so I just can't see it being that, although you never know.
!